Crock Pot Artichoke is the same cheesy, savory dip you’ve always loved, but made in a slow cooker. Make this tasty dip ahead and save time!
It’s as easy as combining all ingredients on the stove and transferring to the crock pot! In no time you’ll have a scrumptious appetizer that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. For more crazy good crock pot appetizers try Crock Pot Meatballs, Grape Jelly Meatballs, and Crock Pot Bean Dip.
Artichoke Dip – Crock Pot Style
This cheesy artichoke dip is simply the dip of all dips. It is just so savory and addictive. Well now you can get all of that creamy goodness from a crock pot!
The best part of using a slow cooker is that the dip can be made AHEAD OF TIME. So if you’re having a party, you can at least check tasty appetizer off of your list a little earlier in the day. Perfect, right?!
This is beautifully soft and creamy, so crackers and chips won’t break. Who’s ready to get their dip on?
Just Mix, Dump, and Slow Cook!
MIX. In a medium sauce pan, add the Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and artichokes, stir. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, mayo and garlic. Turn the burner to medium- low heat. Stir the mixture until the cheeses have melted and ingredients have combined.
TRANSFER. Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Fold in the sun dried tomatoes if you are using them.
COOK. Cook on High heat for 1-2 hours or Low heat for 3-4 hours. Serve immediately.
Additions: Sun dried tomatoes make a really delicious addition. Adding spinach, a dash of lemon pepper or thyme are also really yummy. To add a bit of heat try adding red chili flakes.
Favorite things to dip: This dip is deliciously cheesy and pairs well with both breads and veggies. Some of our favorites are:
- Veggies: carrot sticks, celery, bell peppers, broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- Crackers and Pretzels
- Tortilla chips
- Chunk/Slices of crusty bread like sourdough, french, crostini
- Potato wedges
Making Ahead + Storing
Make ahead: If you want to begin the dip the day before you certainly can. Once you have removed the dip from the stove transfer it to an airtight container. Keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
When you’re ready, place the dip in the crock pot to cook.
Store Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. The length of storage will depend on how long in advance you whipped up the dip. If you are reheating a large amount then you can reheat it in the crock pot or the oven set to 350°F. Mix the dip every so often until warm throughout.
For smaller amounts simply use the microwave. 😉
For more party dips, try:
Crock Pot Artichoke Dip Recipe
- crock pot
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (14oz) can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 c sun dried tomatoes optional
- In a medium sauce pan, add the Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and artichokes, stir.
- Add the sour cream, cream cheese, mayo and garlic.
- Turn the burner to medium- low heat. Stir the mixture until the cheeses have melted and ingredients have combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Fold in the sun dried tomatoes if you are using them.
- Cook on High heat for 1-2 hours or Low heat for 3-4 hours. Serve immediately.