This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Perfectly spiced Hot Corn Dip is deliciously chunky and perfect for dipping. Serve it as an appetizer or side!
easy, yummy dip!
This corn dip is chunky but filled with velvety cream cheese. Served warm, it’s delicious with Tortilla Chips.
How to make corn dip
This corn dip recipe is so easy to make, just mix and bake!
PREP. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
COMBINE. In a medium mixing bowl, add drained corn and diced tomatoes. Add cream cheese, seasonings, and cilantro. Stir the mixture until just combined.
BAKE. Pour into a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
What corn to use: I used canned corn, but you can use fresh corn on the cob. Cook it and then cut the corn kernels off to use in the recipe. For an added layer of flavor, grill the corn on the cob before cutting off the kernels.
You can also use frozen corn, just thaw and drain the excess liquid.
- Corn Chips, Tortilla Chips, Fritos, and Doritos
- Crusty Bread
Keeping dip warm. One of the easiest methods to keep the dip warm during a party is to use a crock pot. Another idea is to use a chafing dish or a hot plate set to warm.
Hot mexican corn dip is delicious as it is, but here are a few ways to make it your own:
- Add more flavor: chopped onion or green or red bell peppers
- Add a bit of a kick: jalapeno peppers, green chiles, or red pepper flakes
- Make it cheesy: add in shredded Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, or pepper jack cheese
- Top with Fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, bacon crumbles, or sour cream
Make ahead of time. Make the corn dip and store it covered in the fridge for 1-2 days before baking it.
It can also be frozen. Wrap tightly with plastic and then again with aluminum foil. It can be frozen for up to 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and bake.
STORE leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Reheat the dip in the microwave, slow cooker, stovetop, or in a 350°F oven.
You can keep this dip in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container or for 6 months in the freezer.
Reheat the dip in the oven the exact same way you originally cooked it at 350°F! You can also use the microwave, stovetop, or a slow cooker.
For more appetizers:
- Cheese Ball Bites
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Buffalo Pull Apart Bread
- Pineapple Cheese Ball
- Cheese Crisp
Corn Dip Recipe
- 1 15 ounce can white corn, drained
- 1 15 ounce can yellow corn, drained
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, diced and softened
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add drained corn and diced tomatoes. Add cream cheese, seasonings, and cilantro and mix until just combined.
- Pour into a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.