I’ve said it before… I love me some White Chocolate! I think it pairs really well with so many things. Milk Chocolate, Fruit, Caramel, Pretzels, the list goes on. One thing I love mixing it with is Peppermint. And what better time of year than now to enjoy the combo! That is why today we are sharing a recipe for White Chocolate Peppermint Hot Cocoa!
I admit this drink is my new favorite holiday beverage. It is so decadent and delicious and would be perfect served at a Christmas party or even enjoyed while caroling. The kids especially loved this hot cocoa and were excited that candy canes were involved.
We also like to gift hot cocoa to neighbors and friends, so if you’re looking for ideas on how to do that, be sure to check out: Hot Cocoa Jar Gift OR Hot Cocoa Mug Gift. I think they’d be a huge hit!
We seriously love us a nice, warm cup of cocoa during the holidays and winter time. I know you can pick some up at Starbuck’s, but we love making it at home.
For more great cocoa recipes, check out:
- 4 cups Half & Half
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 TB powdered sugar
- Chopped peppermint candies
- Over medium low heat, combine half & half, white chocolate, peppermint extract and vanilla in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally. Cook 15 minutes or until chocolate is melted and heated through.
- Beat whipping cream in a bowl at high speed until thickened. Add powdered sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs; top with whipped cream and peppermint candies, if desired.
Adapted from Land o Lakes.