Rich and creamy White Chocolate Peppermint Hot Cocoa is one of the best drink recipes you’ll try this holiday season!
White Chocolate + Peppermint = Perfect Pair!
I’ve said it before… I love me some White Chocolate! I think it pairs really well with so many things. Milk Chocolate, Fruit, Caramel, Pretzels, the list goes on. One thing I love mixing it with is Peppermint. And what better time of year than now to enjoy the combo?!
That is why today we are sharing a recipe for White Chocolate Peppermint Hot Cocoa!
I admit this drink is my new favorite holiday beverage. It is so decadent and delicious and would be perfect served at a Christmas party or even enjoyed while caroling. The kids especially loved this hot cocoa and were excited that candy canes were involved.
We also like to gift hot cocoa to neighbors and friends, so if you’re looking for ideas on how to do that, be sure to check out: Hot Cocoa Jar Gift OR Hot Cocoa Mug Gift. I think they’d be a huge hit!
How to Make It
HEAT. Over medium low heat, combine half & half, white chocolate, peppermint extract and vanilla in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally. Cook 15 minutes or until chocolate is melted and heated through.
TOPPING. Beat whipping cream in a bowl at high speed until thickened. Add powdered sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form. Pour hot chocolate into mugs; top with whipped cream and peppermint candies, if desired.
If you are feeling extra domestic I would suggest you try making these Homemade Peppermint Swirl Marshmallows. They would be another wonderful topping for this hot cocoa drink!
What brand of Chocolate? When I made the recipe for this post I used the Ghirardelli brand. However, I have made this with other brands and it came out just as great.
MAKE IT IN THE CROCK POT
In a smaller crock pot add the half and half, peppermint extract and vanilla. Stir in the white chocolate Chips. Cook on HIGH heat for about 1 hour or LOW heat for 2-3 hours or until the chocolate has melted. Change the crock pot setting to WARM while serving.
SERVING & STORING
Keeping chocolate warm: Whether you’re planning to make this for a large gathering or you want to keep a mug hot for yourself there are a few things you can do:
- If you just need to keep a small amount warm use a drink thermos. This is perfect for when you’re out and about on a chilly day.
- For a large amount you can use an insulated beverage dispenser. You can purchase stainless steel ones, but if you’re not concerned about looks then use one of those large orange igloo jugs. Many people already have those on hand.
- My favorite is to keep the hot chocolate warm using a crock pot set to warm.
Storage: Hot cocoa can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Warm it up and serve. Do not let cocoa sit out for longer than 2 hours.
For more great cocoa recipes, check out:
White Chocolate Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Over medium low heat, combine half & half, white chocolate, peppermint extract and vanilla in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally. Cook 15 minutes or until chocolate is melted and heated through.
- Beat whipping cream in a bowl at high speed until thickened. Add powdered sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs; top with whipped cream and peppermint candies, if desired.
Adapted from Land o Lakes.