This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Smooth and creamy Mint Hot Chocolate is made with a white chocolate base. Top it with whipped cream and Andes mints for a perfect drink!
Mint White Chocolate
If you like mint and white chocolate – you’ll LOVE this one!! It’s so good and will keep you warm on a cold day.
Mint Hot Cocoa is super creamy and filled with melted white chocolate chips, with just a hint of mint extract.
We added some green food coloring to make it look more festive, and topped it off with Whipped Cream and crushed Andes mints! It was SO delicious!!
Bring mugs of Mint Hot Chocolate to people when you are Christmas Caroling and they’ll love you. It will keep them warm and their throats ready to sing.
Simple to throw together!
HEAT. In a large pot, add milk, half & half. Heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Add white chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
Add extract and food coloring. Stir well.
SERVE. Top with Whipped Cream and Andes. Serve warm.
Make it in the crock pot
Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker, and stir. Set on LOW heat for 2 hours. When you’re ready to serve, turn off the crock pot and ladle Mint Hot Cocoa into individual servings.
- White chocolate. A ½ bag of white chocolate chips is about 5-6 ounces. Use a bar of chopped white chocolate that measures out to 5-6 ounces or substitute with ¾ cup of white hot cocoa mix.
- Cream. We used milk and half and half for extra creamy chocolate. For a skim version use all milk.
- Flavor. Replace the mint extract with another flavor like peppermint extract or vanilla extract. Or skip the extract and have an all-white chocolate drink.
- Top the whipped cream with chopped Andes Mints, festive sprinkles, and white chocolate chips.
- Temperature. The ideal hot chocolate temperature should be between 160-185°F. If the drink is too hot, have additional milk available to cool it down a bit.
- Garnish the mug with fresh mint leaves.
Make ahead of time. Fully make this recipe and allow it to cool. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge. The white chocolate may firm up a bit.
Reheat it slowly over low heat, whisking occasionally, until it simmers. Do not boil.
more holiday drinks:
Mint Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2-3 drops food coloring green
- Crushed Andes mints and Whipped Cream for garnish
- In a large pot, add milk, half & half. Heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add white chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Add extract and food coloring. Stir well.
- Top with Whipped Cream and Andes. Serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.