Hi guys – it’s Lily!!
Guess where I’m at??
ARIZONA!! AT MY GRANDMA’S HOUSE!! We’re making fun crafts and playing with cousins – I’m loving it!!
Guess what I did this morning? I got baptized! It’s something we do in our church when we turn 8. It was a really special day. A lot of my family came to see it, even my old neighbor from across the street, (when we used to live here) Mercedes!
We get to spend Thanksgiving here and will spend Christmas back in Texas. Speaking of Christmas, we made this delicious dessert/drink. It’s called Mint White Hot Cocoa. If you like mint and white chocolate and hot cocoa – you’ll LOVE this!! It’s so good and will keep you warm on a cold, winter day. 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half & half
- ½ bag white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- few drops of green food coloring
- Crushed Andes mints and Whipped Cream for garnish
- In a large pot, add milk, half & half and heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add white chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Add extract and food coloring. Stir well.
- Top with Whipped Cream and Andes. Serve warm.
Check out that Whipped Cream!!!
You know what’s great about this recipe? You can bring this when you’re Christmas Caroling and can bring some for everyone and they’ll love you. It will keep them warm and their throats ready to sing. 😉 It’s also great for Christmas parties!!
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
If you like this recipe, you may like these other holiday drinks:
And how about some cookies to go with your hot cocoa…
For all Sweet Treats by me go HERE.
For all Drink recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂