One of my favorite things to do is experiment in the kitchen with new recipes. I love mixing and matching and often find myself adding certain ingredients to old recipes to make new ones. It’s so fun and can sometimes be a bad thing or a good thing (usually it’s a good thing.) 😉
Thankfully, I was experimenting this week and the result was amazing. I thought I’d try to make some Pumpkin Snickerdoodles but I didn’t want them to be toooo pumpkin-y and wanted to change things up even more and make them White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles. Sounds pretty amazing, right? Well, not to toot my own horn, but they were pretty darn delicious!
I think the picture may speak for itself:
Um yeah… pretty delicious!! I decided to use one of my favorite Snickerdoodle recipes for the base. I also decided to throw in some White Chocolate Chips inspired by THIS recipe. The pumpkin pie spice was also added to give it that PUMPKIN flavor most people love. The result was a delicious combination of White Chocolate, Pumpkin and Cinnamon (Sounds like a new soap from Bath & Body Works, huh?) LOL.
If you like those 3 ingredients, I promise you will love this cookie recipe. 😉
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 TB vanilla
- 1½ tsp. cream of tartar
- 2¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 TB sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar by hand in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and cream (mix) together.
- In a separate bowl combine, cream of tartar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Gradually add this mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until well combined. Add white chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. Form dough into small balls, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture and then place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
(NOTE: If you don’t like white chocolate leave the chips out… if you want it more pumpkin-y add more pumpkin spice.) 😀
I’m a little excited to think that I still have a few of these cookies sitting in the kitchen right now (since the hubby isn’t in town to eat them all – lol!)
I’d love to hear if you try the recipe out – it is perfect for Fall!!
For more yummy Snickerdoodle Recipes be sure to check out:
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!