This summer my mom and I tried a TON of new recipes.
Since my hubby is in Scouts (and has it every Wednesday night), I would go to my mom and dad’s house with the kiddos until the hubby was done. I always brought a new dessert and she always tried a new recipe. Fun, huh?
It really forced us to try new recipes and figure out the ones we liked and didn’t like.
This next recipe is a new favorite. Even my dad insisted we made this again, and soon. Being a salad, it is perfect for summer time!
I know you’ll love this Asian Pasta Salad. It is seriously one of my favorites now, and I already cannot wait to have it again. The pasta and the spinach together (with the dressing) make it so yummy!
- 16 oz. bag Tri-Color Rotini
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 TB sugar
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 cups diced chicken breast
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- Make pasta as directed and set aside.
- Cook sesame seeds in a skillet on medium heat for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Mix together vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds and pepper with a whisk until mixed well.
- Pour dressing mixture over pasta and mix until coated evenly
- Add chicken, spinach and carrots. Toss and serve.
It was adapted from The Cooking Mom, and turned out fabulous!!
We definitely plan on making these again.
If you like pasta and salad, I promise you’ll love this one.
For more of my favorite Pasta Salads check out:
For all Salad recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!