I admit… we like treats.
We made a dessert of some sort at least a few times a week. No worries – it isn’t always for us. We are making them for friends or neighbors or for guests who we invited over for dinner (can’t have guests without dessert, right?!)
And I hope you know we only share on here the recipes we absolutely loved, like this next one – Chex Scotcharoos (what’s the point in sharing a recipe we didn’t like ourselves??)!! If I’m going to be darn right honest, these babies are just delicious and are so simple to make. They have chocolate and butterscotch chips and Chex (one of my favorite cereals) and are so finger-lickin’ good.
If you ever want to try a quick and delicious treat, I think these guys should at least be considered. They are a cookie/Chex version of Scotcharoos, and who in the world doesn’t like Scotcharoos?! 😉
Here’s the recipe for these delicious treats:
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cups butterscotch chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Reeses, chopped
- Combine corn syrup and sugar in a small pan over medium heat. Remove from heat as soon as it starts boiling and stir in 1½ cups of peanut butter. Pour over your 6 cups of cereal and fold together. Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper to let them set.
- Melt together chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, ¼ cup of peanut butter and vanilla in a microwave, stirring at 10 second intervals so that chocolate does not burn.
- Pour over cereal and sprinkle chopped reeses over the tops. Allow to cool completely before eating.
Recipe adapted from HERE.
Oh yes, can’t go wrong with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and chopped up Reese’s!!
For more great simple treats, be sure to check these out:
For all dessert recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!