I know I’ve talked about my love for Italian food here.
I’m telling ya – meats and pastas are just darn right delicious!! Do you agree?? Any time I see an Olive Garden commercial my mouth starts to salivate, and I’m doing that yet again as I think about this Chicken Parmigiana my mom and I tried before we moved to Texas. It was so good and comes from the famous Ree Drummond. We loved the recipe and decided it was another keeper dinner idea. It was easy to make and ended up being a hit with the entire family.
If you’re a fan of Italian food and easy (AND delicious) recipes, you’ll definitely want to give this Chicken Parmigiana a try!
Here’s the recipe…
- ½ cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 8 chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded flat
- 1 pound thin linguine
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¾ cups chicken stock
- 3 - 14.5 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 TB sugar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix flour, salt and pepper on a plate.
- Dip chicken breasts in flour mixture until coated on the front and back. Set aside.
- Cook linguine as instructed on box.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter on medium heat.
- Fry chicken breasts in the oil and butter mixture for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion powder to the remaining oil and butter mixture. Add chicken stock and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and sugar to the skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for 25-30 minutes.
- With 5 minutes left, add parsley.
- Add chicken breasts to the sauce and cover with grated Parmesan cheese. Put on the lid to the skillet and cook until the cheese starts to bubble. Simmer until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add noodles to a plate and pour sauce over the noodles. Place a chicken breast over the top. Add more parsley and Parmesan Cheese if desired.
This Chicken looks so good to me!! It tastes just a little amount of time to make but the result is WONDERFUL!!! I promise you’ll love it!
And if you like pasta and meat dishes you may like these recipes as well…
For all Main dish recipes go HERE.
For ALL Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!