I LOVE Spanish Rice!
As previously mentioned, I’m 1/2 Mexican.
Contrary to popular belief, it’s true… even if I’m SUPER WHITE!!
Although I’m pretty darn white, I can still cook some AMAZING Mexican Food, and that’s because I have wonderful teachers like my MOM and AUNTS.
TODAY, I’d like to introduce you to my mudda, Liv.
(and my dad – hence the whiteness)
Today, my mom is going to show us how to make some yummy Spanish Rice. It’s actually the Spanish Rice recipe of a popular Mexican Restaurant in Mesa called Mango’s (down on Main). If you’ve ever been down there and liked their rice, here it is.
- 2 cups rice long grain
- ⅓ - ½ cup oil
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 6 stems cilantro (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube
- dash of cumin
- dash of garlic pepper
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add rice and cook until golden brown.
- Add 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube to 4 cups water and microwave for 3 minutes.
- When rice is brown, add water, tomato sauce, salt, garlic, cumin and garlic pepper to pan.
- Stir and cover pan. Let simmer for 40 minutes. to an hour.
And that’s it – I know, my mom makes it look too easy, huh?
Just know that this is the best side for any Mexican dish.
For more great Mexican dishes perfect anytime or for Cinco de Mayo check out:
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.