Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
I LOVE Mexican Rice!
As previously mentioned, I’m 1/2 Mexican.
Contrary to popular belief, it’s true… even if I’m SUPER WHITE!!
Although I’m pretty darn white, I can still cook some AMAZING Mexican Food, and that’s because I have wonderful teachers like my MOM and AUNTS.
TODAY, I’d like to introduce you to my mudda, Liv.
(and my dad – hence the whiteness)
Today, my mom is going to show us how to make some yummy Spanish Rice. It’s actually the Spanish Rice recipe of a popular Mexican Restaurant in Mesa called Mango’s (down on Main). If you’ve ever been down there and liked their rice, here it is. 🙂
- 2 cups rice long grain
- ¼ - ⅓ cup oil
- 1 small can (8oz) tomato sauce
- 6 stems cilantro (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 cups water + 2 chicken flavored bouillon cubes (or 4 cups chicken broth)
- dash of cumin
- dash of garlic pepper
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add rice and cook until golden brown.
- Add 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube to 4 cups water and microwave for 3 minutes.
- When rice is brown, add water, tomato sauce, salt, garlic, cumin and garlic pepper to pan.
- Stir and cover pan. Let simmer for 40 minutes. to an hour.
And that’s it – I know, my mom makes it look too easy, huh?
Just know that this is the best side for any Mexican dish. 🙂
For more great Mexican dishes perfect anytime or for Cinco de Mayo check out:
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
For all Mexican recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!