I’ve partnered with Knorr® to let you know what I think about Knorr Sides. As always, all opinions are my own.
Our family loves good Mexican food! Being hispanic, Mexican food has always been one of my favorites. Ever since I was little, I could remember my grandma making homemade tortillas and my mom and aunts making enchiladas and empanadas. One of our favorite dishes happens to be Chimichangas! Making our own at home saves time, money and gives us the option to make healthier swaps, like baking instead of frying these delicious rice and chicken chimichangas. They’re easy to whip up thanks to Knorr® Rice Sides ™. You need just 8 ingredients and 30 minutes for this flavorful, delicious dish. Simple, right?!
Grab a package of Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ – Mexican Rice and get cooking! This dish is one our whole family loves, even our toddler. It’s packed full of protein, cheesy goodness and lots of flavor without being overly spicy, which is always a big plus. You customize the flavor to suite your tastes by using your favorite salsa (we use a traditional medium salsa, however, salsa verde would be delicious too)!
I think you’re going to love this tasty, lighter version of a restaurant classic! We’ll definitely be adding these to our meal rotation- once you try them I think you will too! For more simple & tasty Knorr® inspired recipes hop on over to Allrecipes.com.MY OTHER RECIPES
For more chimichanga and burrito recipes, check out:
Here are video instructions:
How to make Chimichangas:
- 1½ c cooked shredded chicken*
- ⅔ c. salsa**
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice
- 1¼ c. shredded colby jack cheese***
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- COMBINE the cooked shredded chicken with salsa, cumin, and oregano; set aside.
- Prepare Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Mexican Rice according to package directions (cover and simmer for 7 minutes). Remove from the heat.
- STIR in the chicken mixture and cheese. Divide the mixture between flour tortillas, wrap and place seam-side down on a lined baking sheet. Brush with the remaining oil and place in oven to bake for 20 minutes (or until golden brown and crispy) at 425 degrees. Serve, if desired, with your favorite toppings such as; shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped tomato, chopped cilantro, chopped green onion, chopped lettuce, and lime wedges.
- Recipe Notes:
- *Rotisserie chicken works great
- **Use your favorite salsa, or fire roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- ***Cheddar or pepper jack works too
- -Because of the high oven temperature, olive oil is not recommended for brushing the tortillas. However, you may use it in place of the canola/vegetable oil in the rice.
What will you make with Knorr Rice Sides? Tag your creations with #Knorr – we’d love to see! For more simple & tasty Knorr® inspired recipes hop on over to Allrecipes.com. Also, be sure to follow Knorr® on Pinterest!!