I know I’ve shared this before, but I love OREOS.
I’m not a fan of eating them by themselves but they are probably my favorite ingredient to add to desserts. They make everything so yummy!!
Well, as most the desserts I post on here, this next one has been a family favorite for a loooong time. It’s called Kansas City Dirt Cake. I’m not sure where we found the original recipe, but it’s one we’ve been making since I can remember our family get togethers and it’s one we still make all the time for holidays and special occasions. It’s really easy to make and is always a hit wherever we take it.
Here is how you can make it too…
I seriously LOVE this recipe and have loved it since I can remember. Hope you like it just as much as my family.
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (softened)
- ½ cup Margarine or butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large container cool whip (16 ounces)
- 2 boxes INSTANT white chocolate or vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Crush ⅔ package of Oreos and place in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and margarine (or butter) until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and fold in whipped topping. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix pudding, milk and vanilla. Fold this mixture in with the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour over crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with the reserve crushed Oreos. Let set for a few hours and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
The Layers – crushed up oreos, the cream mixture and then top it off with….
MORE crushed Oreos!!
Oh, yummy!! My mouth is watering just looking at this!!
If you like oreos in your desserts, I PROMISE you will love this recipe!!
You can even change it up and use different oreos. I made this Peppermint Oreo Dirt Cake last year for Christmas using Peppermint Oreos and Andes Peppermint Baking Chips sprinkled on top … it offered just a hint of peppermint making it perfect for the holidays:
You can also make a Halloween version an add some pumpkins and cookies to make it look like a Graveyard:
Be sure to check out these other oreo desserts:
I obviously like Oreos!! LOL!!
Stay tuned later today for a Halloween version of this yummy dessert.
And for more yummy desserts check them all out HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!