My entire family is OBSESSED with Cinnamon Rolls. It’s probably because my mom has been making them for as long as I can remember.
Recently, she decided to try a new version and wanted to make a 1 Hour Cinnamon Roll recipe. She did some research and decided that the recipe from Your Homebased Mom looked the best. I assured her that anything from Leigh Anne would be phenomenal. She tried it out while we were there visiting for the holidays and the ENTIRE family LOVED the recipe. The rolls were soft and sweet and tasted just as good as her regular version. BUT, they were made in an hour! How awesome is that?! Can’t beat having delicious cinnamon rolls that can made in an hour. 😉
We did change a few things up and added a little more butter and sugar (can’t go wrong with more butter and sugar, right?!) We also added some cream cheese to the frosting and baked at a lower heat for more time. The result was amazing and you better believe we’ll be making these again!
For video instructions on how to make these delicious Cinnamon Rolls, watch the video below:
Here’s the recipe for the phenomenal One Hour Cinnamon Rolls:
- 1 cup warm water
- ¾ cup room temperature buttermilk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 TB regular yeast
- ½ TB salt
- 2 eggs
- 5-6 C. bread flour
- 3 TB butter, melted
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 TB cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- enough milk or half and half to make it spreading consistency.
- In a bowl, mix together water, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter and yeast. Allow to sit for 15 minutes..
- Add in salt, eggs and flour. Mix for 10 minutes and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Prepare your filling by mixing together melted butter, brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- On a floured service, roll dough into a 12 x 16 inch square.
- Spread your filling over the top and roll up. Cut into 12 large rolls.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet covered with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
- While baking, mix together your frosting ingredients. Spread on warm rolls and serve.
Recipe adapted from Your Homebased Mom.
Have you ever looked at a food picture and just WISH you had one in front of you – in real life?! That’s what I’m thinking right now while I scroll through these pictures.
I’m SO excited to make these again here in Texas, but it will be hard not to eat the whole pan by myself.
Seriously. You guys – these are DELICIOUS!
I know you’ll love them. ;D
For more great cinnamon roll-type recipes, check out these favorites:
For all breakfast recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!