I hope you are all having a wonderful day. We are well into December which means more parties and family gatherings are right around the corner. Last week I shared with you a fun new way to make French Toast. I loved the idea, as a guest, to offer making something for breakfast. I think this is a great way to say “Thank You” (assuming you clean up your kitchen mess!). Today I am sharing another great recipe that would be fun to offer up as a “Thanks for having us!.” Or… just make it for your family to wake up to on a cold morning.
These Cinnamon Walnut Sticky Buns are a different twist to the traditional Cinnamon Rolls like these. The brown sugar and honey topping gives it such yummy taste. You’ll be licking your fingers with these, for sure!! Hope you enjoy as much as we did.
Cinnamon Walnut Sticky Buns Recipe
Cinnamon Walnut Sticky Buns - a twist on traditional cinnamon rolls, these sticky buns are finger lickin' good!! With a delicious cinnamon filling and topped with a honey, brown sugar, and walnut glaze... SO GOOD!
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 cup mashed potatoes plain
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 6-6 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp butter melted
Dissolve yeast in a small bowl with warm water. In a large bowl, combine and beat mashed potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour, until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- On a floured surface knead dough for about 6-8 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Turn in a greased bowl, so all sides are coated. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about an hour, until dough has doubled in size.
- Topping: Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, honey and cinnamon. Spread mixture evenly among three greased 9" round baking pans. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Filling: Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, set aside. Punch down and divide dough in half on a lightly floured surface. Roll one portion into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Brush with one tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with half of your sugar mixture.
- Starting with a long side, roll up jelly-roll style and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Repeat steps with remaining dough, butter and sugar mixture. Cut side down, place eight slices in each pan. Cover with kitchen towels let rise about 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove rolls from pan onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Adapted from www.tasteofhome.com
Stay tuned for another delicious Cinnamon Roll recipe next week 🙂
For more delicious breakfast recipes, check out these recipes:
For all breakfast recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.