I had never even heard of Twice Baked Potatoes until I was married. That may be odd for some since they’ve had them and made them for a very long time, and that may be no surprise to others if they have never had them. Any who, I was surprised I hadn’t had these as a child because we always had potatoes as side dishes – whether they were baked or mashed, my family LOVES potatoes!
I was excited to try this out then and was even more excited when I learned how easy they were to make. They do take a little time, but they are so good and are a great side dish to practically any meal!
Here is how you can make them too. (SO EASY!!!)
- Potatoes (I usually make about 6 – 8 for family functions which makes about 10 – 14 halved potatoes)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 4-6 slices of cooked bacon (chopped up/cut up)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Begin by piercing your potatoes with a fork in several places. Bake potatoes for an hour at 400 degrees.
- Let col 10-15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and spoon out potatoes and place in a medium bowl. Mix in 1 cup or so of cheese, sour cream (you can use more or less to your liking), cut up bacon and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture back into potato skins. You usually can fill fewer potatoes than you had if you have them filled a little higher than the skins sides. Throw away excess skins. Sprinkle potatoes with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 20 more minutes.
We always run out of these potatoes at functions since most people end up grabbing two. Just note that it should make a fewer than double the amount of the potatoes you cook. So if you made 10 potatoes, it will probably make about 18 (20-2). And you can add any other ingredients (like chives, etc.) depending on what you like.
For more yummy side dishes be sure to check these out:
For all Side Dishes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!