Bacon Wrapped Potatoes are a delicious appetizer combing two favorite ingredients – bacon and potatoes. Just add your favorite dip!!
Bacon + Potatoes are heavenly
It makes sense that every recipe we try, we think is going to taste great, right? I mean, why try a recipe if it doesn’t even look good? It’s simply pointless. Today’s recipe was one that I thought was going to be awesome, but I was surprised JUST how tasty it really was. It was simple and took very little effort, which is probably why I was surprised, but looking back, I really should haven’t been. The reason – the main ingredients are bacon and potatoes.
In my honest opinion, you just really can’t go wrong with bacon and potatoes. Am I right?! These Bacon Wrapped Potatoes are going to be a new favorite appetizer and are perfect for any occasion. From a barbecue, to a party to game night, these little guys are sure to add a ton of flavor and are sure to be gone in a matter of minutes wherever they are served.
We ended up serving ours with ranch, but you can easily change up the taste based on what you serve it with. I’m thinking a Chipotle Ranch or even our Avocado Lime Ranch Dip would be great. Better yet, have a variety of dipping sauces to serve with these bad boys and everyone will love you even more. 😀
Easy Bacon wrapped Potatoes
PREP. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
SEASON. In a bowl, mix together oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
WRAP. Dip potatoes in oil/cheese mixture then wrap bacon around and stick toothpick through potato to hold bacon on. Place on greased, foil-lined baking sheet.
BAKE + SERVE. Repeat until all potatoes are wrapped in bacon. Bake for 30-38 minutes. Serve with ranch or other dip and ENJOY.
Tips + Serving Info
Healthier: Make this healthier by using turkey bacon instead of traditional bacon strips.
My potatoes are firm and bacon is burned:
- Your oven may have been too hot for the dish. If your bacon looks like its getting too browned you can cover the pan in foil to allow the potatoes to continue baking.
- Next time you can parboil the potatoes before wrapping them in bacon. Boil for about 5 minutes, let them cool, and then wrap in foil and bake until the potatoes are fork tender.
I don’t have fingerling potatoes:
- If you don’t have fingerling potatoes you can use russet potatoes, cut them into wedges, and wrap the bacon around them.
- You can also bake medium russet potatoes whole. You’ll need to wrap each potato with 2 bacon strips. Bake at 250*F for about 3 hours.
How to make ahead: Roast these potatoes a few hours ahead of time. STORE in the fridge and then reheat in the oven before serving.
What dipping sauces to use:
For more great appetizers, be sure to check out:
- Barbecue Bacon and Chicken Cups
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Loaded Pulled Pork Cups
- Crockpot Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Brown Sugar Smokies
Bacon Wrapped Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 20 fingerling potatoes rinsed and dried (we used red and yellow)
- 10 slices bacon cut in half crosswise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dip potatoes in oil/cheese mixture then wrap bacon around and stick toothpick through potato to hold bacon on. Place on greased, foil-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all potatoes are wrapped in bacon.
- Bake for 30-38 minutes.
- Serve with ranch or other dip and ENJOY.
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!