I hope everyone is having a great day. I know I am! I’m in Arizona for my little brother’s wedding that is tomorrow. Not only do I love weddings, but I love family time and am so excited to be here enjoying the AZ sun for a few days. 😉
I’m not sure exactly when it was that I fell in love with avocados, but it’s been at least a decade. I don’t remember eating them when I was younger and they ended up being one of those foods that I finally ate and thought, “Why didn’t I like these sooner?” I admit that I eat them as is now with just a tid of salt and love to use them in as many recipes as possible. Today’s recipe uses them, and I cannot wait for you to give them a try. I’ve always been a HUGE fan of chicken (my favorite choice of meat) but when you add marinara sauce, cheese and avocados on top you really cannot go wrong. We have chicken at least once a week, so I’m excited to have found another great chicken recipe to add to the meal planner.
I’m telling you guys – CHICKEN + MARINARA SAUCE + CHEESE + AVOCADO = YUM!
Here’s the delicious recipe:
Avocado Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts fillets halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cups marinara
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Marinade chicken in preferred dressing (We like to use Zesty Italian and marinade for 24 hours, but even a few hours will add great flavor to your chicken).
- Slice chicken in half, lengthwise, so that you have four thin pieces of chicken. Pound each piece with a mallet to thin your chicken even more.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk your egg and milk together. On two separate plates (or circle cake pans which is what I like to use), place your flour and breadcrumbs.
- One chicken at a time, use the following steps. Coat in flour, dip in milk/egg mixture, then toss in breadcrumbs. Use your hands to press in the breadcrumbs so they stick to the chicken.
- We then seared our chicken on the stove in a pan with a little oil for a few minutes on each side (until it's a nice golden color).
- Place chicken on a baking tray lined with foil or baking paper.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oven and spread each chicken breast with desired amount of marinara sauce. We like ours saucy! Arrange avocado slices over sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven. If chicken is already cooked through, broil for 1 minute, to melt cheese. If chicken may need a little more time, let it bake for another 5 - 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Recipe adapted from Cuisine Paradise.
Doesn’t it look amazing?!
Here are a few more favorite chicken recipes…
For more dinner ideas go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!