If you’re looking for new ways to use overripe bananas, try banana Chocolate Chip cookies! These Banana Cookies are Soft, Cake-like and the perfect treat for any banana lover.
Hi, it’s me Lily, again! I’m still in Arizona. Last week I was so sick and I’m all better now. I had Walking Pneumonia! Luckily, I got medicine, though and now I’m all better. I’m having so much fun visiting my friends and cousins. Before we left Texas, we made a recipe for you for Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. They combine two of my favorite things – cookies AND bananas!
My mom says these cookies are perfect for getting rid of over-ripe bananas. You know the bananas are ripe enough to use when they’re brown all over. The more brown they are, the sweeter they taste! And they will mix better with the batter/dough. The bananas also make the cookies super moist and chewy! So yummy and so easy!
How to make Easy Banana Cookies:
We love that these cookies are so simple that even the kids can help make them. Here is what you’ll need to do to make them…
- Cream together butter and sugar in your mixer. Add egg, vanilla and almond extract, and bananas and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Add this to your butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
I really liked these cookies, but my baby brother, Goo, loved these most of all and had 5 of them!! I hope you like them too!!
For more banana recipes, check out:
For more cookie recipes, try:
- BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Funfetti Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- M&M Cookies
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, cream your butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, banana and vanilla until combined.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto sprayed baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes, the until edges are lightly browned.