The BEST Strawberry Lemonade filled with chunks of your favorite fruit including strawberries, pineapple, mangos, cantaloupe and watermelon!
Summer in a glass
The hubby and I went on a double date with some friends to a place called Irma’s in Houston, TX. We had never even heard of it, but we trusted our friends’ judgment and were excited to try it out. When we pulled up, we were surprised to see a small, run down restaurant with Ferraris and other fancy cars parked outside of it. It was a hole in the wall, but it was also obviously very popular.
The place was hopping and full of hungry customers. Irma’s serves Mexican food, but they are also known for their delicious lemonade. I opted not to get any in an effort to be healthier, but the hubby wanted to try it. Of course, I had to take a few sips and it was truly the Best Strawberry Lemonade I had ever tried (I was regretting not ordering some for myself, but thank heavens for free refills!!) 😉
What was the best part about this lemonade? The chunks of different fruits in the mix! This made the lemonade even more flavorful and delicious. My husband asked if I could try to re-create it because he loved it so much as well. Although, it’s not an exact replica of Irma’s Strawberry Lemonade, I think today’s recipe comes pretty close. The chunks of fruit make it more difficult to sip through a straw, but it is seriously so amazing and refreshing! I will probably triple the recipe next time we are having company over and will serve this because it’s too good not to. 😉
Making the BEST Strawberry Lemonade
BLEND. Place strawberries in blender and blend until smooth.
DISOLVE. Pour into a pitcher with lemon juice, sugar and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
SERVE. Add chopped fresh fruit right (we added ¼ cups of each of the following – chopped mangos, watermelons, strawberries, pineapple and cantaloupe) before serving, along with ice. ENJOY!
Tips + Storing Info
- If you are using juice that you’ve stored, keep in mind that 1 ½ cups of lemon juice will be equal to about the 6 lemons that this recipe calls for.
- Strain your pureed strawberries through a fine mesh sieve to remove extra seeds if you want a smoother lemonade.
- Cut up green or red grapes could also be added to the fruit mixture in this drink.
Premix the lemon juice, strawberry puree, sugar and water and store it in a Ziploc freezer bag or airtight container and use it later on.
FREEZE for up to 5 months. Add it to a pitcher to thaw and then add the chopped up fruit when you are ready to drink it later on. Stir it all up and enjoy!
If you have a lot of lemons available to you it is a great idea to juice them and freeze the juice to use for this recipe (and others) later on. STORE the frozen juice for up to 5 months.
For more drinks, check out:
Best Strawberry Lemonade
- 1/2 lb strawberries hulled and halved
- 6 lemons freshly juiced
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups cold water
- fresh fruit, chopped (mangos, watermelon, strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe)
- Place strawberries in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a pitcher with lemon juice, sugar and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add chopped fresh fruit right (we added ¼ cups of each of the following - chopped mangos, watermelons, strawberries, pineapple and cantaloupe) before serving, along with ice. ENJOY!