A few months ago, the hubby and I went on a double date with some friends to a place called Irma’s here in Houston. We had never even heard of it, but we trusted our friends’ judgment and were excited to try it out. When we pulled up, we were surprised to see a small, run down restaurant with Ferraris and other fancy cars parked outside of it. It was a hole in the wall, but it was also obviously very popular. The place was hopping and full of hungry customers. Irma’s serves Mexican food, but they are also known for their delicious lemonade. I opted not to get any in an effort to be healthier, but the hubby wanted to try it. Of course, I had to take a few sips and it was truly the Best Strawberry Lemonade I had ever tried (I was regretting not ordering some for myself, but thank heavens for free refills!!) 😉 The best part were chunks of different fruits in the mix. This made it even more flavorful and delicious. My husband asked if I could try to re-create it because he loved it so much as well. Although, it’s not an exact replica of Irma’s Strawberry Lemonade, I think today’s recipe comes pretty close. With the chunks of fruit, it’s more difficult to sip through a straw with, but it is seriously so amazing and refreshing!
I will probably triple the recipe next time we are having company over and will serve this because it’s too good not to. 😉
- ½ pound strawberries, hulled and halved
- fresh lemon juice from 5-6 lemons
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 cups cold water
- fresh fruit, chopped (mangos, watermelon, strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe)
- Place strawberries in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a pitcher with lemon juice, sugar and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add chopped fresh fruit right (we added ¼ cups of each of the following - chopped mangos, watermelons, strawberries, pineapple and cantaloupe) before serving, along with ice. ENJOY!
My husband has been begging me to make this again, so I’m thinking it will be great for Father’s Day!
For more yummy drinks, check out:
For all Drink recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!