Delicious Crock Pot Mongolian Beef loaded with carrots and asparagus is SO simple to make. Your crock pot does all the work!!
Just dump and cook!
Who else loves a good crock pot recipe?!
Slow cooker recipes are great any day of the week, but they’re definitely my best friend on Sundays. With church and attempting to rest, I really rely on those Slow Cooker recipes and love that they usually require little work!
Our favorite Sunday crock pot recipe is our Roast recipe since it’s super simple!! Fortunately, I have another great slow cooker recipe to share with you today for Mongolian Beef.
You can easily change it up to your liking using your favorite meat and veggies. I think Broccoli would be a great addition and even some snow peas! 😉 I am seriously obsessed with Asian food and am so glad to have another delicious Crock pot recipe to enjoy on Sundays!
Making MOngolian Beef in the Crockpot
It’s so easy to do! Just follow these simple steps…
BEEF. Coat meat pieces with cornstarch and set aside.
MIX. Mix all remaining ingredients in your slow cooker and then add your beef, toss well.
COOK. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours. Serve over rice.
Tips + Variations
Use your favorite cut of beef for these. The recipe card calls for flank steak, but we used sliced chuck roast. Another great cut includes beef tip roast or even sirloin.
For a tender piece of meat slice your flank steak against the grain. The grain are the lines like on wood. Cut across the lines and not alongside them.
- Use sliced chicken or pork instead of beef.
- Add heat with some sliced red chili peppers, sriracha, or sprinkle red chili flakes on top.
Serving and Storing
Try SERVING crock pot Mongolian beef with:
STORE leftovers in the fridge or even the freezer. Divide the leftovers into individual serving sized containers.
- Fridge: Store for 3-4 days
- Freezer: Be sure the container is freezer safe and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
REHEAT in the microwave or a skillet on the stove top.
For more delicious Asian entrees, try:
- Pepper Steak
- Chinese Lemon Chicken
- Easy Beef and Broccoli
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Chicken And Asparagus Stir Fry
Crock Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe
- 2 lbs flank steak thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 carrot julienned
- ¼ bundle asparagus diced in thirds
- black pepper to taste
- Coat meat pieces with cornstarch and set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in your slow cooker and then add your beef, toss well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours. Serve over rice.
Recipe adapted from Jo Cooks.