Hamburger Casserole is cheesy and packed with flavor. It is a simple, flavorful and loved by the entire family making it a go-to in the monthly menu.
This will please even those picky eaters. It is packed with meat and kid friendly macaroni with a layer of cheesy goodness. For more weeknight musts try Hawaiian Haystacks, Broccoli Cheese Casserole, and Kung Pao Chicken.
Easy, Cheesy + Delicious!
Weeknights can be hard. Rushing kids from one activity to another and helping with homework can easily eat away the entire evening. It is important for us to carve out time to eat dinner together as a family so that we can connect.
That is where easy weeknight meals become a necessity! I love to keep a running list of meals that are not only easy to make, but yummy so the kids will actually eat it.
This one hits it out of the park. It is oh so easy and oh so delish. I mean really what’s not to love! It’s like a casserole of comfort.
How to Make Hamburger Casserole
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F
BOIL. Boil the macaroni according to the direction on the package and drain.
BROWN. Use a large skillet to brown the ground beef. Add the chili powder, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and pepper to taste.
ADD. In a separate bowl, stir the cream of chicken mushroom soup, tomato sauce, and corn. Add it to the skillet with the hamburger.
MIX. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and mix together.
BAKE. Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
SPRINKLE. During the last 15 minutes of bake time sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and finish baking the casserole.
Change it up!
Variations: This is a pretty easy and delicious hamburger noodle casserole. If you wish to change things up here are a few ideas:
- Pasta: Use any kind of small noodle such as rigatoni, shell, penne, shell, bow tie
- Veggies: add peas, chopped green beans, zucchini, bell peppers
- Cheese: Use your favorite cheese. Mozzarella or pepper jack would both be delicious
- Turn up the heat: Add red chili flakes, extra chili powder, or top with hot sauce
- Meat: use ground turkey or chicken. You can also substitute half the ground beef with ground sausage.
Making Ahead, Storing + Side Ideas
Make ahead of time: Casseroles are famous for being quick, easy and hearty meals. They are also often made ahead of time. I suggest doubling the recipe that way you can have one dish ready to be used on another day. Keep in mind that you will want to undercook the pasta. Also, do not bake the dish.
- Fridge: Once you have assembled the casserole cover the pan with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for 1-2 days. Top with cheese before baking. You may need to add about 10-15 more minutes to the bake tie to compensate for starting with a chilled dish.
- Freezer: Assemble the casserole in a freeze safe baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap then again with foil. Label and freeze for 3-6 months. Thaw before topping with cheese and baking.
Leftovers: Divide the casserole into individual portions and store in the fridge or freezer. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
Sides: Anything goes, but here are some of our favs to serve with this dish…
For More Casseroles, check out:
- Cauliflower Casserole
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Easy Pizza Casserole
- Spaghetti Casserole
- Taco Casserole
Hamburger Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can cream of chicken mushroom soup or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 c macaroni noodles uncooked
- 1 c grated cheddar cheese more, if needed, to cover the casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Boil the macaroni according to the direction on the package and drain.
- Use a large skillet to brown the ground beef. Add the chili powder, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, stir the cream of chicken mushroom soup, tomato sauce, and corn. Add it to the skillet with the hamburger.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and mix together.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- During the last 15 minutes of bake time sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and finish baking the casserole.