Delicious homemade boneless chicken wings, double breaded, baked to a crispy perfection, then smothered in sweet and tangy honey bbq sauce.
No need to go out for wings when you can make them from home! This Boneless Honey BBQ Wings recipe makes for the perfect game day appetizer, or weekend dinner item. For more wing options, check out our Boneless Buffalo Wings and Classic Buffalo Wings).
Boneless + HOney BBQ
In fact, we usually have all the ingredients required for this recipe on hand, so it’s easy to just throw it together if we want wings for a party.
Not only does the hubby loves these, but so do the kids, so this also is a great dinner recipe too.
How to Make Honey BBQ Wings
These boneless chicken wings don’t actually take long to prepare, but start early because they do have to refrigerate for 3o minutes!
CHICKEN. Cut chicken into small chunks.
BATTER. Whisk together milk and egg in a bowl.
DRY INGREDIENTS. Pour flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a bag. Shake well.
DIP. Dip the chicken chunks into the egg mixture, and then toss into the flour bag. Do this once more to “double cover” the chicken. Put the wings on a baking sheet covered with wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
FRY. Five minutes before removing from fridge, heat the vegetable oil in a sauce pan about 1 inch deep, on medium heat. In small batches, place the chicken in the oil. Cook about 6 minutes, turning the chicken half way through. Cook until the breading is golden brown. Set wings on paper towels to cool.
SAUCE. Heat honey BBQ sauce on medium heat and toss chicken around until well coated.
Do you have to refrigerate for 30 minutes? No, it’s not a must-do but we suggest it to help them be extra crispy. 😉
Can you make these ahead of time? Yes, do everything but fry the chicken pieces and do that right before serving along with coating them in the bbq sauce.
Can you bake the wings instead of frying? Just place the coated chicken pieces on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Can you make these with any sauce? These wings are so easy to change up – just add the sauce of choice, whether it’s regular BBQ sauce, buffalo sauce, teriyaki sauce – this base recipe works for all boneless wings.
We like to serve these with cold ranch dressing and some carrots and celery!
Don’t these honey barbecue wings look delicious?! I seriously love wings (or anything fried for that matter)!
For more great appetizers be sure to check out:
- Mozzarella Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Lil’ Smokies
- Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
- Fried Egg Roll
- Loaded Pulled Pork Cups
- Fried Mac and Cheese
Honey BBQ Wings Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 c milk
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil
- honey bbq sauce
- Cut chicken into small chunks.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a bowl.
- Pour flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a bag. Shake well.
- Dip the chicken chunks into the milk/egg and then toss into the flour bag. Dip back into the bowl (milk/egg mixture) and again in the flour bag making sure the wings get double covered. Put the wings on a baking sheet covered with wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Five minutes before removing from fridge, heat the vegetable oil in a sauce pan about 1 inch deep, on medium heat.
- In small batches, place the chicken in the oil. Cook about 6 minutes, turning the chicken half way through. Cook until the breading is golden brown. Set wings on paper towels to cool.
- Heat honey BBQ sauce on medium heat and toss chicken around until well coated. Enjoy with cold ranch dressing!
Adapted from HERE.