I LOVE desserts! You guy shouldn’t be surprised to hear that because there usually seems to be at least one dessert recipe on the site each week. What can I say? I have a sweet tooth. 😉 I’ve blogged about this before, but we usually have plenty of excuses to make sweets, whether for company coming over or for the hubby’s students. That means I love to try out new desserts (as well as make old favorites) for these events, and today’s Magic Bars recipe has become a new favorite!
The reason I love it so much is because it’s so simple and tastes like a million bucks. In fact, I made it for a Pizza Night at the park we planned last month with 10 families and I had several people asking for the recipe. When I told them what it was they couldn’t believe how simple it was. I went on to explain that it’s easy and also has sweetened condensed milk which gives it that gooey, delicious taste that is irresistible.
Dump on the milk and butterscotch chips, and sprinkle on coconut.
Top it off with a can of sweetened condensed milk!
If you’re looking to try a simple but delicious recipe, this one is it! 😉
For more of our favorite dessert bars, check out:
How to make Magic Bars:
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix cookie mix, butter and eggs until well combined and dough forms. Press into the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Once done baking, sprinkle butterscotch chips over the cookie layer, along with milk chocolate chips and coconut. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Recipe from Betty Crocker.
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
Wes loves all things chocolate and sat anxiously waiting for me to take the pictures. 😉