Three ingredient Peach Dump Cake is quick, simple, and utterly tasty. It is warm, gooey, and perfectly peachy!!
Like Peach Cobbler, but Easier!
Dump cakes are usually made with a base of cake mix plus some sort of fruit filling. They are usually dumped into a pan, stirred, and baked. Simple!
We know Dump Peach Cobbler is especially delicious when it’s chilly outside, but it’s also appealing in the spring and summer because of its fruity-ness. Perhaps I’m just trying to find excuses to enjoy it all year long!
How to Make Peach Dump Cake
Just like the name, this cake is one you dump and go. It’s so simple that you’ll be wanting to try all the fruit varieties!
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread peaches, with the liquid into a greased 9×13 dish.
LAYER + BAKE. Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the peaches. Cut the butter using a pastry blender and place the butter evenly over the cake mix. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
USing Fresh Peaches
Replace the canned peaches with fresh or frozen peaches. If using fresh peaches make sure they are not overly ripe – they’ll produce way too much liquid, resulting in a runny dessert. Peel the skins off and slice them.
For each 29-oz can of peaches:
- 2 cups of sliced peaches, ¾ cup of white sugar, and a dash of salt. (For an even thicker peach sauce, mix in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.) Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Pour the peach mixture over the bottom of the dish and proceed with the recipe as instructed.
Dump Cake Tips
This Peach Dump Cake is so easy and delicious it’s sure to become a family favorite! Here are a few handy tips when baking this tasty treat:
Time saver. Melt the butter in the microwave and then drizzle the melted butter on top of the cake mix before you bake it.
Make it a crisp. If you are wanting more of a “peach crisp” dump cake, add quick or old-fashioned oats to the cake mix before baking.
Other fruits we want to try: blackberries, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, and apples. Use the canned fruits for this and the instructions will be the same.
- Use the dry cake mix only.
- Use a regular can of peaches, not peach pie filling.
- The recipe relies on the peach liquid, so do not drain the juice from the can of peaches.
Make it in a crock pot. Dump the peaches and syrup in the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Melt your butter and mix it with your cake mix. Sprinkle over the peaches, making sure to break up any large pieces. Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours.
- sprinkle chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts on top
- sprinkle brown sugar and ground cinnamon over the top before baking
- use a white cake mix instead of yellow
More delicious dump cakes:
STORE. Place leftover Peach Dump Cake in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave if wanting to enjoy it warm.
FREEZE. Store it in an airtight container. It should freeze well for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw it in the fridge overnight. Transfer it to an oven-safe dish and warm it up in a 350° oven.
Who would have thought combining 3 simple ingredients could make a delicious, addicting cake?! We sure didn’t, but we are so glad we can add this to the long go-to dessert list.
For more peach recipes, be sure to check out:
Peach Dump Cake Recipe
- 1-29 ounce can Sliced Peaches in heavy syrup, undrained
- 1 box yellow cake mix 15.25 ounce size
- 3/4 cup butter sliced into 24 cuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread peaches, with liquid, into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over peaches.
- Place butter evenly over the cake mix.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Serve warm or at room temperature.