Delicious Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies (AKA Peanut Butter Blossoms) are soft, chewy peanut butter cookies topped with a tasty Hershey’s Kiss! Everyone LOVES this yummy, simple cookie recipe.
This is one of our favorite cookie recipes to take to cookie exchanges and parties because everyone loves them! Some of our other favorites include M&M cookies, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, and Sugar Cookies.
What do you call these cookies?
Every Christmas my mom, sisters and sisters in law get together for a cookie exchange. These Peanut Butter Kiss cookies always make an appearance.
These tasty little cookies go by several different names—Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies, Hershey Kiss Cookies, Peanut Butter Blossoms…
Whatever you want to call them, they’re a classic favorite, and we’ve been making them as long as I can remember, along with our Peanut Butter Cup Cookies!
The peanut butter blossoms cookies are rolled in a little bit of sugar, giving it a nice crystalized outside and soft and chewy inside. Then as soon as they come out of the oven, you pop on a milk chocolate Hershey’s Kiss which of course make them irresistible (if you’re a fan of PB and chocolate, you know exactly what I mean).
Try these Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies/peanut butter blossoms for yourself, and see how easy they are!
so easy to make!
It’s hard not to love the peanut butter and chocolate combo in these cookies, but we especially love that they are so simple too! Here is how to make them…
WET INGREDIENTS. In a large bowl, beat both sugars, peanut butter, butter, and egg, until well blended. Note: Both butter or margarine work with this recipe, but we like to use butter.
DRY INGREDIENTS. Use a stand mixer, or a hand mixer, on medium speed to stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder until dough forms.
ROLL DOUGH. Use cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop out the dough and then shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. You can also line the cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
BAKE. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
KISSES. Immediately press 1 chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie. Remove the cookie from the baking sheet and place them on a wire rack to cool.
Tip: Refrigerate dough prior to baking-cold dough helps keep them from spreading. It will also give a nicely done outside while leaving the center soft and chewy.
Easily change up the type of kiss that you place on top.
- Caramel Kisses
- Hershey Hugs
- Cookie Cream Kisses
- Hot Cocoa Kisses
- Mini Reese’s Cups
Avoid Dry, Crumbly, Flat cookies:
- Adding too much flour can cause the cookie to be dry and crumbly. Be sure to scoop the flour into the measuring cup with a spoon and level it off.
- Overcooking can cause a dry cookie
- Using melted butter or margarine can cause a flat cookie.
- Use creamy peanut butter like Jif, Skippy, or similar store brands. Avoid natural peanut butters as they don’t incorporate well in the recipe.
How to keep soft and chewy:
- For a chewier cookie try using ¾ cup packed brown sugar and only ¼ cup white sugar.
- Don’t over mix the dough. Overmixing can cause the gluten to over activate which results in a tougher cookie.
- Storing the cookies in an airtight container with a piece of white bread will help keep them soft longer.
STORE: Peanut Butter Kiss cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container (at room temperature) for about 5 days.
FREEZE: The cookies can be frozen. Let them cool completely before freezing. Place cookies in airtight container and freeze for up to 6 months.
Peanut Butter cookie dough CAN be frozen ahead of time. Place dough balls on a cookie sheet to flash freeze them. Freeze for about 2 hours or until the outside has become frozen. Place balls in an airtight freezer safe container. Safely freeze for 4-6 months.
To Bake: remove the desired number of dough balls. Allow to thaw on a cookie sheet. Bake according to recipe and top with a Hershey kiss.
For more chocolate + Peanut butter treats, check out:
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Mini Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie
- Easy Buckeyes
Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
- In a large bowl, beat both sugars, peanut butter, butter and egg until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder until dough forms.
- Shape dough into -inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately press 1 kiss in the center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
Recipe from Betty Crocker.