This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cheesy pizza muffins are made with canned biscuit dough for a delicious kid-friendly dish that’s ready in minutes!
Pizzas in a muffin tin
Pizza muffins happen to be one that my kids will love for dinner, but they also would be a great snack or appetizer. They taste just like delicious pizza but don’t require all the work of making Homemade Pizza Dough.
These little pizza bites are actually made from refrigerated buttermilk biscuits. You just add some butter, cheese, and your favorite toppings, and then bake them in a muffin tin!
It’s seriously so simple and so delicious! I know there are so many different ways to serve pizza-type dishes but it’s nice to change it up from the standard triangle slice you normally get.
And what kid doesn’t love the flavor of pizza??
Made in Minutes!
I love recipes that use canned biscuits or crescent dough because they save SO much time.
Although Homemade Biscuit Dough is delicious, I feel like the refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough tastes just as good and cuts out a ton of time and effort. These muffin tin pizzas are always a hit!
PREP. Preheat oven to 450°F.
BISCUITS. Open a can of biscuits, cut each biscuit in half, and then flatten and round out.
FILL. Place TWO mozzarella balls in the center and wrap the dough around it to form a ball.
SEASON. In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and butter. Add olive oil and salt.
Roll each dough ball in the butter/oil for a few seconds and then place in a mini muffin pan open side up.
BAKE. Combine shredded cheeses in a small bowl and add some to each dough ball topped with a few pepperonis.
Bake for 8-10 minutes and brush with remaining garlic butter from the skillet.
For a simple change, wrap the pepperoni inside the pizza muffin cups. You can also change the toppings added.
Simply use any of your favorite pizza toppings:
- Meat. Italian sausage crumbles, ham, or bacon bits.
- Veggies. sliced black olives, diced jalapenos, diced onions, or green pepper.
- Cheese. cheddar, Monterrey Jack, or Colby.
- Heat. Mix in some extra red pepper flakes for more of a kick.
- Seasonings. Stir some Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or dried rosemary into the olive oil mixture.
Make ahead of time. Shape the rolls up to 2 hours ahead of time, cover and keep them in the fridge until ready to be baked.
To make them further in advance do not use canned biscuit dough, use thawed Rhodes rolls or make your own Homemade Dough.
STORE. Once cooled, store the leftover pizza muffin recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or freeze them for 1-2 months.
To reheat, bake them at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes or until hot.
Mozzarella sticks cut into 1-inch cubes can be used instead of mozzarella balls in this recipe.
You will want to half the amount of biscuit and filling used and check for doneness after around 5 minutes of baking time.
For more great pizza-related recipes, Try:
- Mini Pizzas
- Mini Deep Dish Pizzas
- Easy Pizza Casserole
- Homemade Taco Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
Pizza Muffin Recipe
- 2 cans buttermilk biscuits (8 count/each)
- 32 cherry size mozzarella balls
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic minced
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- mini pepperonis
- salt and basil to taste
- marinara for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Open a can of biscuits, cut each biscuit in half, and then flatten and round out.
- Place TWO mozzarella balls in the center and wrap the dough around it to form a ball.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and butter. Add olive oil and salt.
- Roll each dough ball in the butter/oil for a few seconds and then place in a mini muffin pan open side up.
- Combine shredded cheese and add some to each dough ball topped with a few pepperonis.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and brush with remaining garlic butter from the skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt and basil and serve warm with marinara sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.