I have always been a fan of salad recipes. Even when we go out to eat, I often find myself ordering a salad. I’m not always trying to eat healthy, but salads are just the food I crave most often. I think it may because we live in hot Arizona, and cold, crisp lettuce with veggies and fruit always sounds pretty good. One salad I love, but have never shared on the blog is a Southwest Salad. I’ve always loved this kind of salad and figured it was about time I put one together for y’all. I knew that our Cilantro Ranch dressing would be perfect, and I was right. It added so much flavor and brought all the ingredients of lettuce, chicken, beans, tomatoes, peppers, corn and avocado all together to become a new homemade favorite!!
What I love most about this recipe is not only the fact that it’s delicious, but it’s gorgeous!! There are so many colors and flavors, and it’s sure to impress any guest that comes over for dinner. Not that you feel pressure to impress, but it’s always nice serving a yummy, beautiful recipe when company is over. Am I right?!
The Cilantro ranch dressing on top makes this salad irresistible!
So much delicious-ness in one salad!! As always, you can change up the ingredients to what you like, but as is, it has so many flavors and yummy ingredients. 😉
Southwest Salad recipe:
- Large head of Romaine lettuce
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 2 cups corn
- sliced, cooked chicken breast
- avocado (sliced or cubed)
- green onions (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- 1 packet ranch dip mix (or 3 TB)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1-3 tsp. diced jalapenos
- ⅓ to ½ cups milk
- Chop romaine and bell peppers. Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Make dressing by blending all ingredients in the blender/food processor. Add milk until it's the consistency you want (I did about ⅓ cup).
- Add dressing to salad right before serving. ENJOY!
For more favorite salad recipes, check out:
For even more favorite salad recipes, check out: