Strawberry Harvest Salad – tastes just like the salad at Zupa’s! It’s topped with apples, strawberries, chicken, candied pecans, cheese and a homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette dressing.
Zupa’s Copycat Recipe
I love to try out new salad recipes and especially love it when they have a house dressing to go with it. I do like my ranch and Caesar dressings, but I LOVE a custom dressing that’s made especially for a salad, just like today’s creation.
This recipe is inspired by the Strawberry Harvest Salad at Zupa’s. Have you ever been there? It’s similar to a Panera or Paradise Bakery and has soups, salads and sandwiches. They have some great options to order, but my favorite salad is this one.
The last time I ordered it, I decided I had to attempt a copycat recipe. Even if you have never had this salad at Zupa’s, it’s definitely a good one to try. It has so many wonderful flavors and is simple to make!
Ingredient Tips and Variations
How do I candy pecans? You can buy candied pecans or you can make your own. You’ll need ¾ c roughly chopped pecans, 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar and ½ tbsp butter. Use a small non stick cooking pan.
Over medium heat add all the ingredients. Stir constantly until the sugar and butter melt together. Continue stirring as it caramelizes; about 2-3 more minutes. Pour pecans, in a single layer, to a plate to cool. You can also check out our candied pecans recipe.
- Use tart or sweet apples depending on your preference.
- Add different berries such as blueberries or raspberries
- Add poppy seeds to the dressing
- Use sliced pears along with or instead of apples.
- Try walnuts, cashews or sliced almonds
- Use feta, blue cheese or a goat cheese
You can assemble the salad a day ahead of time, but don’t add the dressing until you’re ready to serve it. You may also want to wait to slice the strawberries so they don’t get mushy. Store the salad, covered, in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Cover and store leftovers in the fridge. It won’t keep for very long so you’ll want to finish it as soon as possible.
One of the best parts about the salad is the dressing! This Strawberry Vinaigrette is AMAZING!! It takes just a few minutes to make and is delicious too!! 😀
It’s literally made of 5 ingredients:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
And you just throw all of it into a blender. Simple! This dressing is the perfect compliment for strawberry harvest salad.
Dressing can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
I’m glad I don’t have to go all the way to Zupa’s for a delicious Strawberry Harvest Salad! I hate having to wait in line. 😉
Pair it with Soup or a Sandwich:
- Tomato and Basil Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Baked Potato Soup
- Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Mini Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
For more delicious salad recipes, try:
- Chicken Berry Salad with Homemade Honey Mustard
- Applebee’s Oriental Salad
- Chinese Pasta Salad
- Southwest Salad
Strawberry Harvest Salad Recipe
- 6 cups romaine lettuce washed, dried and chopped or salad greens
- 2 large chicken breasts cooked and sliced
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 1 cup strawberries with tops cut off
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Add the greens to the salad bowl and top with chicken, apple slices, strawberry slices, craisins, Mozzarella cheese and candied Pecans.
- Make dressing by blending all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add dressing right before serving. ENJOY!