Hello Lil Luna readers! It Kristin from Yellow Bliss Road back with another amazing recipe. This one will definitely have to make it into your summer meal rotation. Spicy buffalo chicken, crisp lettuce, and tangy blue cheese…I know you’ll love it as much as I do!
So how about we make a little spicy buffalo chicken to pair with our salad today, shall we?
My favorite method for making grilled chicken quickly is to use my easy stovetop grilling method. Heat up some olive oil in a skillet , season chicken tenders with salt and pepper, and cook for a few minutes on each side until chicken is nice and browned on each side.
Turn off the heat and let the pan rest for a minute, then add some buffalo wing sauce right into the pan and on top of the chicken, turning it to coat the chicken completely. This is the point where you need to decide just how spicy you want it. You can add a lot or a little sauce, depending on your tastes.
Once you’re satisfied with the sauciness of your chicken, remove to a cutting board to slice and dice it. Want it saucier? Add the diced chicken back to the pan to coat it some more. Since my son was going to be eating this salad with me, I opted to skip that step in favor of a little less spice.
To make the dressing, add a tablespoon of crumbled blue cheese to about a quarter cup of ranch dressing. This makes enough dressing two hearty salads. The salad itself should consist of crisp lettuce like iceberg or romaine – I like to use a mix of both. Add in your favorite salad veggies, like tomatoes, carrots or celery.
Super simple to make, and so delicious! Enjoy!
For more great salad recipes, be sure to visit Yellow Bliss Road where I’ve got a great round up of 25 Delicious Salads and Lettuce Wraps!
- 2 chicken tenders
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Buffalo wing sauce
- 1½ cups each iceberg and romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp crumbled blue cheese, plus 1 tbsp for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, turning a couple of times for even cooking. When both sides have browned and juices run clear, remove skillet from heat.
- Add buffalo wing sauce to the skillet and coat chicken. Add more or less sauce, depending on your desired spiciness.
- Prepare salad; add toppings of your choice, like celery, carrots or tomatoes.
- Mix ranch dressing with 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles.
- Slice chicken and add to the salad.
- Top salad with homemade blue cheese dressing, and additional blue cheese crumbles.
- Drizzle with more buffalo wing sauce, if desired.
I’ve got lots more delicious recipes over at Yellow Bliss Road, including popular one pan meals, like this one:
Buffalo Chicken Salad is one of my all-time favorites, and I’ve yet to make a Homemade version. Can’t wait to try this!
For more great recipes from Kristin, be sure to head over to Yellow Bliss Road, and for more information about her go HERE.
For more delicious homemade salad recipes, be sure to check out:
ENJOY!Powered by Sidelines