I’m not happy my friends… it’s hot again here in Houston, and that’s just not allowed during “Soup Season.” It’s actually been raining ALLLLL day long, and you’d think with rain, it would at least cool down a bit. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Instead, we just have warm, muggy, humid rainy days and it’s just not cool in my books.
It’s not going to keep me from making soups though. In fact, I have White Chicken Chili started right now in the kitchen. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that the cooler weather comes back and I can continue on making soups as well as hot cocoa (it hasn’t been cold enough to do that just yet). While we wait for the cooler weather here in Texas, I thought I’d share one last soup for you this week. It’s called Mexican Chicken and Corn Soup.
It tastes like a Mexican Casserole of sorts, and is definitely a keeper recipe!
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 10 oz. can tomatoes with green chiles
- 3-4 cups frozen corn
- 3-4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken chopped bite size
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- colby jack cheese
- Add butter and garlic to a large pot. Simmer for a few minutes. Add stock, tomatoes, corn and all spices. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a low simmer. Add your chicken and let it warm up for a few minutes. Stir in your heavy cream until all mixed. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle cheese on top. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from HERE.
Can you tell we like soups in my family?! LOL!
The best thing about this soup other than the amazing taste is that it’s pretty hearty and is super filling.
For more great soup recipes be sure to check out:
I also shared a great collection of over 50+ Soup Recipes if you want to check that out by going HERE.
Pictures by my sister, Tara Martindale.