Have I mentioned how much we love appetizers in my family?? 😉
This next recipe is one my sister, Kellyn, tried out. For years she’s always been the one to make homemade Mozzarella Sticks (stay tuned for that recipe next week), but she wanted to change things up and decided to make some Mozzarella Bites instead. Sticks? Bites? We weren’t complaining. We’re a family that loves cheese, so we knew they would be a hit!
- 1 pkg mozzarella pearls
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup flour
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Prepare coating process by pouring milk in a bowl and setting aside. Put 1 cup flour in a plastic bag and panko in a separate bag.
- Place Mozzarella balls in milk, one handful at a time.
- Toss pearls in your flour bag and shake.
- Put pearls back into your milk bowl and coat completely.
- Toss pearls in panko bag and shake shake shake.
- Place mozzarella bites on a plate or in a bag and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to medium heat. Place coated mozz balls, 5-6 at a time, in hot oil. Fry for a few seconds on each side and remove from oil onto a paper towel to dry.
We, of course, served these with Marinara Sauce (our favorite mozzarella sticks dipping sauce) that we found from the store. The only problem we had with these Mozzarella Bites were that they were so perfectly “bite-size” that it was too easy to eat 20! LOL!
For more yummy appetizers, be sure to check out: