Do you like Italian food? I LOVE Italian food although now that I think about it we hardly go out to eat for Italian. I’m not really sure why that is. I think it’s because it tastes so good at restaurants that I assume it has a gazillion calories and I feel too guilty eating it. Weird excuse, I know, but I think it’s the case. LOL. Even though we don’t eat out for Italian often, we still make it at home a ton. Over the years many of our favorite Sunday dishes have been Italian recipes, in fact. So good, right?
This next recipe I will be sharing today is one that I asked my mom to try out for our Weekly Dinners. She was happy to. I was happy that it turned out super well and that everyone liked it.
If you are a fan of Italian and are up for trying new recipes then I suggest this Parmesan Chicken Manicotti. It’s delicious and the recipe (adapted from HERE) is super easy.
- 14 pieces Manicotti cooked according to package
- 2 cups ricotta cheese skim
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 4-5 TB Parmesan Cheese grated
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl combined shredded chicken, Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs and oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir until well combined.
- Stuff each Manicotti with ¼ cup chicken mixture and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Continue rolling manicotti until all filled and in the pan.
- Add crushed tomatoes to a saucepan over low heat. Add Italian seasoning, grated Parmesan cheese and stir until heated and simmering.
- Pour crushed tomato sauce over Manicotti and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
We served this with some yummy garlic bread a salad and a side and felt like we were at Olive Garden, it was that good!
In fact, a great salad that goes with it is:
And add one of my favorite sides….
Put all these together for one YUMMY dinner!
Let me know if you try it out.
ENJOY!Powered by Sidelines