Are you ready for some more yummy Chinese food recipes? I AM! Chinese is the best, and this next recipe is pretty darn good. My mom tried it out, and the whole family loved it!
With the Chinese New Year coming up, you may want to start planning your menu, and this is a great main dish to serve. If you’re feeling more like pork be sure to check out my yummy Sweet and Sour Pork recipe. If you want chicken, stay tuned because I’ll be sharing a great Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe soon.
But, back to the steak… if you love a little steak mixed in with your Asian meal, be sure to check out this recipe. It’s super yummy!
By January 30, 2013
A great Pepper Steak recipe best served over hot rice.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb round steak
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 green peppers cut in strips
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 cup beef bouillon dissolved in water (or beef broth)
- 2 TB cornstarch
- Cut meat across the grain into strips. Brown meat in a large sauce pan with the garlic.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the peppers. Add soy sauce, peppers, sugar, ginger and 3/4 cup of bouillon. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with remaining bouillon. Stir this into the meat mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve over hot rice.
Looks good, right?
Again, here are a few other Chinese dishes you might like:
Sweet and Sour Pork