For some reason, I always think of Gelatin Poke Cake, Corn and Watermelon around the Fourth of July. That being said, I thought it only fitting to share the Gelatin Poke Cake recipe. It’s so nice to eat when it’s nice and cool outside and it’s so yummy too (that’s always a bonus)!
What’s also great is you can change out the flavoring of jello depending on what you are feeling like. Our favorites are strawberry, raspberry and cherry, but I’ve also done lime, blue raspberry and orange before – YUM!!
Here’s the recipe…
Gelatin Poke Cake
By June 28, 2010Published:
A super easy but light and refreshing dessert perfect for summer time!
- 1 White Cake Mix
- 1 box of Raspberry jell-o (or cherry)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tub cool whip
- Prepare cake mix as directed and bake in a 9x13 pan. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Poke cake with fork at 1/2 inch intervals.
- Prepare jell-o as directed. Spoon over cake mix until jell-o liquid is all gone.
- Chill 3 to 4 hours and top with cool whip. Serve and enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
This is seriously one of my favorite desserts! It’s so easy and quick to do and always is a hit.
Be sure to check out these other desserts that remind me of the Fourth too!