Is it getting warm where you’re at these days? Fortunately, things haven’t been too bad here in Houston but they are starting to warm up and I’m starting to crave veggies and fruits ALL the time. I love cool foods this time of year and am especially obsessed with salads. They are just so stinking good and I could eat them all day long!
Recently, my mom and sisters thought they would try out a new recipe from Tastes Better from Scratch for Steak and Tortellini Salad (doesn’t the name alone sound like it would be delicious?) I’m happy to report that it was and everyone loved it!!
I think that Steak and Tortellini is a great combo, and if you agree then you’ll definitely want to try out this recipe. My mouth is watering just looking at the pictures!! YUM!
- 1 pkg. Tortellini
- Top sirloin (about 4 lbs), or your favorite meat
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Pesto Dressing:
- ½ C. buttermilk
- ⅓ C. mayonnaise
- ⅓ C. sour cream
- 2 TB Parmesan cheese
- 3 TB Pesto (adjust for taste)
- Set meat in your favorite marinade overnight (***mom used the one on your blog if you want to link here***). You can use steak, or any type of meat. We used top sirloin as it is less expensive and tastes great after a night of marinating.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Cut and grill your sirloin to desired doneness. Slice up meat in small pieces and set aside.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add tortellini to salad. Top with steak and dressing. So delicious!
We are planning on grilling on Monday for Memorial day, so I think I’ll cut up my steak and turn into this salad because I want it RIGHT NOW!! And yes, I may be slightly obsessed with salads, but they are just my favorite! Not sure what it is, but if you can make a homemade dressing to go with it, I’m already a huge fan. 🙂
For more yummy salads here on the site, be sure to check out:
Mmmm – these are all favorites!
For all salad recipes be sure to go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Pictures for this recipe were taken by my sister, Tara Martindale.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!