Artichoke pizza is so cheesy and delicious, with a unique combination of flavors. It’s perfect for your next pizza night!
Does your family love pizza as much as mine does? We love classic Pepperoni Pizza, but it’s fun to make more unique flavors like Chicken Alfredo Pizza, BBQ Chicken Pizza, or even this artichoke pizza!
Spinach Artichoke Pizza – A Family Fav!
My kids would eat pizza for dinner every single night if I let them. We usually have pizza night Saturday night and it’s always fun to experiment with different toppings and flavor combinations.
My go-to Pizza Dough Recipe makes four balls of pizza dough, which is the perfect amount for my family and gives us enough for leftovers.
I usually make one plain cheese pizza for my extra picky kid, but the sky’s the limit with our other pizza flavors. And this artichoke pizza is a new favorite!
Instead of a Red Pizza Sauce, it has a simple extra virgin olive oil and garlic base topped with chopped marinated artichokes, and two kinds of cheese, then baked to crispy and cheesy perfection!
5 ingredient pizza!
Besides the pizza dough, this artichoke heart pizza only requires FIVE ingredients for the toppings!
OVEN. Preheat the oven to 500°F with a baking stone or overturned baking sheet inside.
TOPPINGS. Spread the pizza dough out into a large circle on a piece of parchment paper sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Spread the olive oil over the top of the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic and chopped artichokes over the top.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
BAKE. Use a pizza peel or thin cutting board to transfer the pizza to the preheated baking stone. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is hot and bubbling.
Serve immediately while it’s nice and hot. 🙂
My artichoke heart pizza is delicious in its simplicity, however, you can always add some other elements to give it even more flavor. Here are some suggestions:
- Sauce. Spread on a layer of basil pesto or softened cream cheese.
- Cheese. Switch up the cheese and use a pizza blend. For a unique flavor use pecorino romano cheese or fontina cheese.
- Seasoning. Add some heat with red pepper flakes or extra spice with fresh basil, parsley, oregano, or toss the artichoke in lemon juice.
- Veggies. Sprinkle on some sliced onions, olives, chopped fresh spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, or bell peppers.
- Crust. Pizza crust can be made with Homemade Pizza Dough, store-bought dough, or an already-baked flatbread pizza crust.
Artichoke hearts. Find marinated artichoke hearts in a jar in the canned vegetables section of the grocery store or the international section.
Mozzarella. I like to grate my own mozzarella so it will melt better. If you’re in a hurry, pre-shredded mozzarella will work just fine!
Crisp crust. Use a very hot oven for a crisp crust and the most delicious melty hot cheese. Just be extra careful putting the pizza in and pulling it out!
- I prefer to bake my pizza on a piece of parchment paper, on top of a pre-heated baking stone, but a pizza stone will also work.
- Place the oven rack in the lower part of the oven. This will help create a perfectly cooked crispy crust.
STORE. Place leftover artichoke pizza recipe in an airtight container, separating slices with a paper towel or parchment paper. Refrigerate for 3-4 days.
To reheat, put it back in the oven at a low temperature until heated through, or if you’re in a hurry you can reheat it in the microwave.
We love the simplicity of the artichokes, but you can also pair them with baby spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, lemon, onion, thyme, basil, cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, feta, and more.
The best way to get a fully cooked pizza crust without burning the toppings is to use a pizza stone. Another idea is to prebake the pizza dough for 5-6 minutes, add the toppings, and then finish baking.
For more pizza recipes, try:
Artichoke Pizza Recipe
- 1 ball of pizza dough homemade or store-bought
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup marinated artichokes chopped
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 500°F with a baking stone or overturned cookie sheet inside. Spread the pizza dough out into a large circle on a piece of parchment sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Spread the olive oil over the top of the pizza dough, then sprinkle the minced garlic and chopped artichokes over the top. Top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Use a pizza peel or thin cutting board to transfer the pizza to the preheated baking stone. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is hot and bubbling. Serve immediately.
I’d like to think this has to be healthier, right?! It is so good!! Love the artichokes on it. I had never tried it before, but recently did & was pleasantly surprised! I’ll be making this again!
You’ll have to give this pizza a try. Its very tasty and just as good as any store bought pizza.
What a fun and tasty pizza recipe! My girls will love to help make this with me for dinner tomorrow! Looks delicious!
Didn’t think I would care to much for this, but I was so wrong! It was amazing! The cheeses & artichokes are a yummy combination. We will make this again for sure!
i love artichoke pizza!! cant wait to try out this recipe
I hope you will 🙂 It has become one of my favorites!
The garlic artichokes add a fresh taste. It’s a nice change from the normal pepperoni my kids all like.
This was a great pizza. The crust had a lovely crispness while still being a bread. The cheese was a little browned, which was tasty. The whole thing tasted like the spinach artichoke dip you get at restaurants, spread over bread. Very tasty. I added spinach with the artichokes and used 2 cloves of garlic instead of the spice. The ingredients don’t include the cornmeal, so I forgot to buy it. Instead, I just cooked it on parchment paper for five minutes, then slipped the paper out.
Happy you liked it! I’m sorry if it was missing an ingredient. This recipe is from a contributor, so I will get that fixed 🙂