I’ve shared in the past how we make Fried Zucchini and Parmesan Crusted Zucchini, but today I wanted to share a recipe for Baked Crusted Zucchini Sticks. They’re not as easy as the Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Spears but require just a little more work and are so good and crunchy. It’s a great side dish with any meal, but especially an Italian one or even Roast or Steak. We had last week with some Pasta and they were gone in no time. We sometimes serve these with Homemade Ranch dressing or they are great on their own too!
Be sure to take advantage of the Zucchini in season and on sale and try out this great recipe. I think you’ll love it. 😀
Here’s the recipe:
- 2-3 zucchini
- 1½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut your zucchini ends and then cut in half and then cut into spears. Rinse and let dry.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, and garlic salt. Mix.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Place 5-6 zucchini spears into the eggs making sure they are well coated and then place in the Ziploc bag and shake around until well coated.
- Place crusted sticks onto a foil lined cookie sheet. Continue Step 3 until all Zucchini are made and are on the cookie sheet.
- Spray with olive oil spray and bake for 16-20 minutes until Panko is golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy with Ranch or Marinara Sauce. 🙂
Have I mentioned just how much we love these zucchini sticks?
They’re simple and delicious! OH – and healthy!
I’m thinking we will be making them again this week! They are just too good not to!
For more great Zucchini recipes here on the site be sure to check out:MY OTHER RECIPES
For all Appetizers go HERE.
For all recipes on the site go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂