Easy Barbecue Pineapple Meatballs are perfect as an appetizer for parties and get togethers or a delicious side dish for dinner.
Today’s meatball recipe happens to be a new one we tried from Kraft that is now a favorite. I spotted the recipe in one of their magazines and it looked too easy and delicious NOT to try. I’m happy to report that they are beyond simple and SO tasty!!
In fact, we liked them so much that the hubby and I ate most of them in one sitting. It’s bad, I know. You can enjoy these meatballs for dinner or can enjoy them as a side dish or appetizer. They’d be great for parties and get togethers as well. Just add toothpicks to them and let everyone chow down!
Adding the pineapples to these Barbecue Pineapples enhances the sweet and salty flavor you find with regular BBQ Meatballs. If you aren’t as much a fan of the sweet and spicy, you can omit the pineapple chunks, but trust me when I say they add so much flavor. If you’d rather make Homemade Meatballs which are even tastier (instead of the frozen ones), try THIS RECIPE.
Making BBQ Pineapple Meatballs
SAUCE. Add barbecue sauce and crushed pineapple to a medium pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
BAKE. Add meatballs and stir until all coated. Bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes if meatballs are thawed or for 14-16 minutes if meatballs are frozen.
SERVE. Serve immediately. ENJOY!
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Make homemade meatballs: Easily use homemade meatballs to make this recipe. You can also use any type of meat ball including vegan or vegetarian.
What to serve with: These are great all on their own, but also pair well with other foods to make a delicious dish.
- On top of our Best mashed potatoes
- Toast a roll and make a meatball sub
- Served over Cauliflower rice or normal rice
- Nestle each meatball in the center of a piece of butter lettuce.
- Use pineapple chunks instead of crushed
- Mix in diced bell peppers
- Add a bit of heat using crushed red peppers
Crockpot: Combine the sauce ingredients and then coat the meatballs in the sauce and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
Freezer Meal: Combine all the ingredients in a Freezer Ziploc. Label and keep in the freezer. Thaw overnight before cooking.
STORE leftover meatballs in an airtight container for up to a week and reheat in the microwave until warmed through.
FREEZE meatballs in an airtight container/freezer safe bag for up to 1 month. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat in the microwave or on the stove with some added BBQ sauce.
For more meatball recipes, check out:
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Buffet Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Crockpot Meatballs
- Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
Barbecue Pineapple Meatballs recipe
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup Canned Crushed Pineapple (undrained)
- 16 oz Meatballs
- Add barbecue sauce and crushed pineapple to a medium pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add meatballs and stir until all coated. Bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes if meatballs are thawed or for 14-16 minutes if meatballs are frozen.
- Serve immediately. ENJOY!