These soft and chewy Cookies and Cream Cookies are filled with white chocolate chips and Oreo chunks—great for any Oreo lover!
Oreos in Cookies – Yes!
You guys all know how much I love desserts, especially cookies. Well, this next recipe is one of the kids’ favorites, and here’s why: They are the ones who came up with the recipe! They’re called Cookies n Cream Cookies.
Back when my two oldest kids were 3 and 5, they would always beg to help me out with cooking and crafting. Well, my daughter said she wanted to do the baking and add some secret ingredients to our classic Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. This is what she ended up creating.
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t totally sold at first on this ingredient combo, but the funny thing is the cookies actually turned out pretty darn good!
I guess you can never go wrong with Oreos. 😉 They pair perfectly with the white chocolate chips for a yummy cookies and cream flavor.
How to Make Cookies and Cream Cookies
This cookie recipe is as easy as it gets!
DOUGH. Cream butter, oil and sugars. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients.
BAKE. Use cookie scoop and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. (Note: smaller cookies can be baked for 5-7 min. Larger cookies can be baked for 8-10 min.)
- Oreo: you can use golden Oreos instead of regular. You should not remove the cream before crushing them.
- Chewier: make them a little more chewy by adjusting the amounts of sugar. Use ½ cup white sugar + 1 ½ cups brown sugar.
- Crispier: To make a crisp cookie, you can try to bake the cookies for longer at a lower temperature, or replace the brown sugar with white sugar.
DOUGH: The dough can be made 1-2 days before and stored, covered, in the fridge. You can also scoop the dough into balls and then freeze them. Once frozen, place them in a freezer ziploc. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before baking.
BAKED COOKIES: Once the cookies have cooled, store them in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Sticking a slice of white bread in the container with cookies will help keep them softer longer.
To FREEZE, place cookies in a freezer safe container, separating layers with parchment paper. Freeze for 2-3 months.
For more great cookie recipes, check out:
- Giant M&M Cookie
- Copycat Double Tree Cookie
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
- Chocolate crinkle cookie
- ROLO Cookie
- Candy Bar Cookies
Cookies and Cream Cookie Recipe
- Cream butter, oil and sugars. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Use cookie scoop and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.