Are you guys sick of the pumpkin recipes yet?
I sure hope you aren’t. Today’s recipe is one I’ve been meaning to try for years (yes – years!!) There is a Gooey Butter Bar recipe that I make all the time made with cake mix. When I discovered that Pillsbury made a Pumpkin Cake Mix, I need I needed to try a pumpkin version of this recipe. I mean, how could I not?! This year, I was finally able to do it and the result was amazing!!! What I loved most was that it definitely had a PUMPKIN taste to it, but wasn’t overwhelmingly pumpkin tasting if that makes sense. And what’s even better is you can make it more pumpkin-y by adding a little bit of Pumpkin Pie Spice. 😉
I ended up using a can of Cream Cheese frosting to top it off, but these bars are good on their own too. You could also use my recipe for Homemade Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting instead too. Both good, right?!
These Gooey Butter Pumpkin Bars are simple to make and are definitely a great treat to try out this fall. 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
Gooey Butter Pumpkin Bars Recipe
Delicious Frosted Gooey Butter Pumpkin Bars - a simple but great fall treat! Recipe includes a pumpkin cake box mix, cream cheese, powdered sugar and topped with cream cheese frosting and cinnamon and sugar!
- 1 box pumpkin cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8 oz PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- powdered sugar to sprinkle
- cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on
Grease a 9x13 pan and turn oven to 325.
- Blend cake mix, 1 egg and butter until smooth. Press into your greased 9x13 pan.
- Blend cream cheese, 2 eggs, and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Spread over your the first mixture in your pan.
- Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown (middle may sink in a bit).
- Top with powdered sugar and let cool.
- If desired, add frosting when done along with a sprinkle of a Cinnamon/Sugar mixture.
Look at those layers of goodness!!
Don’t they look divine?
I sure think so!! I’m definitely a sucker for frosting so that’s my favorite part, but these are just so gooey and delicious it’s hard not to enjoy them with or without the frosting. 🙂
I really hope you enjoy this simple and yummy bar recipe. I know it will be a new fall favorite. 🙂
For more great pumpkin recipes be sure to check out:
Yay for delicious pumpkin recipes!!
For all the dessert recipes on the site go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂