Did you know you can microwave corn on the cob? It’s the quickest and easiest way to cook juicy, crispy corn on the cob.
Corn on the Cob – in the Microwave!
How great is the microwave? You can cook almost anything in there in just minutes. Have you ever cooked corn on the cob in your microwave? It’s great for easily removing the husk and cooking it at the same time. Cook this corn for a classic dinner side dish or slice off the kernels for salads, salsa, soups and more!
Shucking the corn: Did you know you can use the microwave to easily remove the husk? Just cut the stalk end off about 2 inches from the bottom. Cook on High for a few minutes. Once done, hold the corn at the top (where the tassels stick out) and shake. The steam created within the husk will allow the corn to slide right out the bottom.
- If you want to cook the corn at the same time, cook on HIGH heat for 4-5 minutes. Or, If you just want to remove the husk only and not cook the corn, heat the corn for about 2 minutes. If you have more than one ear add 1-2 more minutes per ear.
How Long to Microwave Corn on the cob?
First things first – shuck your corn.
Once that’s done, wet a paper towel, wring it out and wrap around each ear of corn. Place on a microwave safe dinner plate. Cook in the microwave for 3-6 minutes based on the amount of corn you are heating up.
- 1-2 ears of corn: cook for 3-4 minutes
- 4 ears of corn: cook for 5-6 minutes
Note: The power of your microwave and size of the corn may affect the cook time. Whether you are heating the corn shucked or unshucked test one ear out in your microwave to be sure you get the right timing and adjust accordingly.
How to Season + Store
Seasoning your corn: Butter salt and pepper are a pretty common and delicious seasoning. To change things up you can:
- Sprinkle with garlic salt
- Add paprika
- Top with parmesan cheese
- Use chili powder with a spritz of lime
- Chili flakes or hot sauce
Storage: Cooked corn on the cob can last in the fridge for up to 5 days and stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. Be sure to place the corn in an airtight/freezer safe container.
For more veggie sides, try:
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Parmesan Crusted Zucchini
- Roasted Broccoli
- Veggie Cup
Pair your corn on the cob with:
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Ranch Burger
- Easy Ground Beef Tacos
- Best Steak
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
How to Microwave Corn on the Cob
- 4 corn cobs
- Shuck your corn. Once that's done, wet a paper towel, wring out and wrap around each ear of corn. Place on a microwave safe dinner plate.
- Cook in the microwave for 3-6 minutes based on the amount of corn you are heating up.1-2 ears of corn: cook for 3-4 minutes4 ears of corn: cook for 5-6 minutes