3 ingredients Peach Dump Cake is quick, simple, and utterly tasty. It is warm, gooey, and perfectly peachy!!
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
Have you ever had dump cake before?? It reminds me so much of a cobbler of sorts, but it’s become one of my favorite go-to types of desserts. Dump cakes are usually made with a base of cake mix plus some sort of fruit filling and are usually dumped into a pan, stirred and baked.
I first tried it when my aunt gave me an amazing recipe for Pumpkin Dump Cake that quickly become a fall favorite and led us to make a Cherry Dump cake recipe and today’s Peach Dump Cake. We love peach treats in our home (and especially Peach Cobbler) so we knew this would be a hit and it was!
And when you are literally dumping everything in a dish and letting it bake – it can’t get any easier. We know this dessert is especially appealing when it’s cool or cold outside, but it’s also appealing in the Spring and Summer because of it’s fruity-ness. Perhaps I’m just trying to find excuses to enjoy it all year long. 😉
How to Make Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
As per their name, this cake is one you dump and go. They’re so simple that you’ll be wanting to try all the fruit varieties!
PREP. Make this cake by preheating the oven to 350. Then spread peaches, with the liquid into a greased 9×13 dish.
LAYER + BAKE. Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the peaches. We like to cut the butter using a pastry blender. Makes it simple and quick! Place the butter evenly over the cake mix and bake for 40-45 minutes.
ENJOY! Serve warm on it’s own or with ice cream, and you won’t believe how tasty this cake is. You can also serve this whipped cream, but however you serve it, we think you’ll love it!
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
This dump cake is so easy and delicious it’s sure to become a family favorite! Here are a few handy tips when baking this tasty treat:
- To save some extra time you could melt the butter in the microwave and then drizzle it on top of the cake mix before you bake it.
- If you are wanting more of a “peach crisp” dump cake you could add some quick or old fashioned oats to the cake mix before baking.
- This recipe can also be made in a crock pot! Just dump the peaches and syrup in the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Then melt your butter and mix it with your cake mix. Sprinkle over the peaches making sure to break up any large pieces. Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours.
Other fruits we want to try include:
Just used the canned fruits for this and the instructions will be the same.
To STORE, place in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave if wanting to enjoy warm.
To FREEZE any leftover dump cake make sure to store it in an airtight container. It should freeze well for up to 3 months. When you are ready to enjoy it again, just thaw it in the fridge overnight. Transfer it to an oven safe dish and then warm it up in a 350 degree oven.
Who would have thought combining 3 simple ingredients could make a delicious, addicting cake?! We sure didn’t, but we are so glad we can add this to the long go-to dessert list.
For more peach recipes, be sure to check out:
Peach Dump Cake Recipe
- 1-29 ounce can Sliced Peaches in heavy syrup, undrained
- 1 box yellow cake mix 15.25 ounce size
- 3/4 cup butter sliced into 24 cuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread peaches, with liquid, into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over peaches.
- Place butter evenly over cake mix.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Serve warm or at room temperature.