This is the BEST Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe, and the ultimate dip for any get together! Filled with spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese, and more – this dip is sooo cheesy and perfect for any gathering!
There’s a reason we make this dip for every party. It’s quick, simple and always gone in minutes making it our go-to appetizer. If you are a fan of dips, we also recommend checking out our Cheesy Bean Dip and Buffalo Chicken Dip.
spinach and Artichoke Dip: the go-to party dip!
We love appetizers at our house and love to make them for parties, get togethers and holidays!
We always spend New Year’s Eve putting together a ton of appetizer and dip recipes to enjoy that night, and I wanted to share one of our favorites with you today – Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip!
Ever since I can remember, artichoke dip has been one of my favorite appetizers, and it’s one we often get when we go out on hot dates. This cheesy dip has become one of our go-to’s, and we’ve even created a crock pot version!
This recipe is very simple, only requires a small handful of ingredients, and can be put together in just a few minutes. The most time consuming part is waiting for it to bake in the oven!
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip:
This dip takes MAYBE 5 minutes to mix all the ingredients together before baking in the oven – which is THE most important step.
MIX. To make the dip, stir Parmesan cheese, frozen spinach (thawed), and artichoke hearts together in a bowl.
BAKE. In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, cream cheese, mayo, and garlic. Add to spinach mixture and mix everything until well combined. Pour into an 8×8 baking dish and bake for 25 minutes at 375°.
SERVE WARM. This baked spinach artichoke dip is definitely best warm, and we promise it won’t last very long – it’s that good! Add salt and pepper to taste.
Can you use CANNED spinach? You can definitely used canned spinach for this spinach dip recipe. Just make sure to drain it and squeeze out the excess liquid.
Can you use FRESH spinach? You can use fresh spinach too! Just chop up the spinach and throw it into the recipe. The spinach will cook down while the artichoke dip is baking in the oven.
PARTY PREP FAQ
Can spinach artichoke dip be made ahead of time? You can definitely make this dip ahead of time, and it’s something we do often. Just make the dip as instructed and place in your dish. Cover in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking.
Can artichoke dip be made in the slow cooker? Yes! We have a recipe for Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip as well.
Can you freeze this recipe? We DO NOT recommend freezing leftovers since mayonnaise and sour cream typically do not freeze well.
What to serve with spinach dip?
We typically serve tortilla chips with our artichoke dip, but there are other items that go great with it too. Some of those include:
- veggies – cucumbers, carrots, celery, peppers
- bread slices or cubes (toasted crostini, slices of french bread, or baguette slices all work great!)
- Pita chips and other corn chips
- Grissini (cracker like bread sticks)
For more spinach dip recipes, try:
- Cheesy Spinach Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Bread
- Bacon Corn and Spinach Dip
- Spinach Dip Bites
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 (12-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix spinach, artichoke hearts and Parmesan.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic. Add to spinach mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour into an 8-x-8-inch baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with chips, crackers, or vegetables for dipping.