My family is particularly obsessed with this next recipe. They make it weekly and it’s devoured within minutes (no joke!) Even my hubby who doesn’t like brownies likes these brownies.
They’re called BTU Brownies (not even sure why BTU?) and my mom cannot figure out where or how she obtained the recipe. All she knows is that it’s one everyone likes, so she’s going to keep making them.
What I think is great about this yummy brownies recipe is that their perfect for any event or holiday celebration. I thought I would dress them up with some Easter sprinkles and they look perfect! All you have to do is change out the sprinkles for the occasion. So simple.
You will definitely want to keep this recipe. It’s a brownie with frosting but not a cake. Hard to explain. Just know that it is loved by many and will definitely be a family favorite. 🙂
So easy. So yummy. Where can you go wrong?
BTU Brownies Recipe
Our favorite brownie recipe - so soft and delicious and always a hit at every function!
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Blend melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs and mix well with wooden spoon.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture until well blended.
- Spread into a 9x9 pan. Bake at 350 for 27-29 minutes.
- For FROSTING: Mix ⅓ cup sugar, milk and butter in a small sauce pan on Med/High Heat. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until they are all melted.
- Pour over brownies immediately. Add sprinkles immediately as well. Let cool.
For more yummy brownie recipes, be sure to check out: