This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Spicy buffalo chicken pizza is flavored with blue cheese and cilantro for an amped-up pizza night that everyone will love!
One of Our Favorite Pizza Recipes
We would eat pizza every night if we could because the whole family LOVES it!
Buffalo chicken pizza is one of our FAVORITE pizza recipes. We love finding new homemade pizza recipes to try and this one is definitely a winner. The combination of flavors is super tasty. If you love Buffalo Wings, you’re going to enjoy this pizza.
Definitely try our Homemade Pizza Dough recipe as the base. It only requires a few ingredients and is very simple to make. Roll it out and top it with all of the buffalo chicken ingredients.
This pizza only takes about 10 minutes to bake in the oven. It’s great for busy nights when you’re not sure what to make for dinner!
There are only a few simple ingredients to this buffalo chicken pizza recipe:
- shredded cooked chicken
- buffalo sauce
- blue cheese dressing
- blue cheese crumbles
Pizza dough. We have a great Homemade Pizza Dough recipe. If you buy dough from the store, be sure to consult the directions on the package when making this recipe.
Customize it. There are a few ways you can switch up this recipe to your liking:
- Dressing. Use ranch dressing and mozzarella, provolone, or feta cheese.
- Add toppings. Tomato slices, jalapenos, banana peppers, bacon bits, chopped celery, scallions or red onion, parsley, and spinach.
- Crust. Make the crust as thick or thin as you want. Be aware the bake times will need to be adjusted accordingly.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Homemade buffalo chicken pizza is a delicious pizza twist filled with buffalo flavors and blue cheese crumbles!
CRUST. Preheat the oven to 500°F with a pizza stone or overturned cookie sheet inside. Stretch the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle on a sheet of parchment paper dusted with cornmeal.
(Alternatively, you can forgo the pizza stone and bake the pizza on a pizza pan instead.)
TOPPINGS. In a small bowl, toss the chicken with the buffalo sauce. Spread the blue cheese dressing over the pizza, then top with the shredded chicken. Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles over the top.
BAKE. Bake for 9-11 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle it with the cilantro. Serve hot.
What to serve with this pizza? Anything you’d like! Here are some of our go-to’s:
Use these tips to save time or spice it up!
- Having pre-measured shredded chicken in the freezer to easily grab for recipes like this is a time saver. You can also grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to shred.
- Adjust the spice: look for buffalo sauce that will match your desired amount of heat. For added spiciness, put hot sauce or red chili flakes on your slice.
Making ahead + Storing
Make ahead of time. To make this into a delicious freezer meal to be baked later simply:
- Bake the plain pizza crust for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and put on the toppings.
- Place the pizza on a freezer-safe aluminum baking tray or a clean piece of cardboard and flash freeze for about 2 hours.
- Once completely frozen wrap it tightly with plastic wrap then again with aluminum foil. Label and freeze for 3-6 months.
- Thaw on the counter for about 30 minutes before baking in the oven.
STORE. Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for 1-2 months.
Reheat. For best results, reheat in the toaster oven or oven. If you’re in a hurry you can also use the microwave.
I love the pairing of buffalo sauce and blue cheese, but mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese would also taste great.
Chicken and other meats must be precooked before putting them on pizza.
Steam can build under the crust and without a way to escape it can cause a soggy crust. Using a pizza stone or a pizza pan with holes will allow the steam to escape.
For more pizza recipes, check out:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 ball of pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 500°F with a pizza stone or overturned cookie sheet inside. Stretch the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle on a sheet of parchment paper dusted with cornmeal. (Alternatively, you can forgo the pizza stone and bake the pizza on a pizza pan instead.)
- In a small bowl, toss the chicken with the buffalo sauce. Spread the blue cheese dressing over the pizza, then top with the shredded chicken. Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles over the top.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle it with the cilantro. Serve hot.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.