This is the time of year when I switch gears from Cookies and Christmas Treats to Appetizers!
Every year, my family spends New Year’s Eve eating appetizers, playing games and having fun. It’s the last night to “pig out” before we start our New Year’s resolutions the next day. Is it healthy? Of course not, but it’s fun and we love the time we spend together that night. I’m grateful that we will get to be back in Arizona that night and am looking forward to that time with the fam.
The recipe I’m sharing today is one we have at many Luna functions. It’s called Hamburger Queso, and it’s amazing!!! My cousin, Rene, is the one who is usually assigned this dish but it’s one we all have made for our functions and parties at home. It’s done in the Crock Pot which means it’s SUPER simple and is always a party favorite. It can be served with tortilla chips or Fritos. We make it a ton when we are enjoying Mexican food and when we do people usually put the queso on the tacos too!
If you are looking for a delicious and simple Appetizer to enjoy at some upcoming holiday functions, I definitely recommend this Hamburger Queso Dip. It’s SO good. 🙂
- 1 lb ground beef seasoned with salt, pepper & garlic
- 1 jar medium chunky pace salsa
- 1-2 cans rotel tomato's with green chiles
- 1 small block Velveeta cheese
- Cook and season beef, drain.
- Pour salsa in a blender and mix till smooth (this is an optional step, skip if you like the chunks)
- Put meat, salsa and remaining ingredients in a crockpot on med-high for at least 2 hours or until melted together. Enjoy with chips and be prepared to not be able to stop eating!
I must warn that this Queso is pretty addicting.
If you try it I know you’ll agree!
Here are some other favorite Appetizer Dips we love…
I’m a total sucker for dip recipes!!
For all appetizers on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂