This classic treat is always a crowd pleaser with a pretzel crust, cream cheese layer and strawberry jello topping! Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is the ultimate combination of sweet and salty! Be sure you make it for your next get together, but don’t plan on having any leftovers!
Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad
The recipe I’m sharing today is a CLASSIC. It’s especially popular during the summertime and holidays, but quite frankly, I think it sounds appetizing year round. 😉 Jello Pretzel Salad! It has a salty pretzel crust, yummy cream cheese center, and a fruity jello layer on top. It comes from Kraft Recipes and is one that you may not have tried, but if you haven’t you may have been living under a rock for the last 20 years – lol!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Not sure how you feel about these layered desserts, but they are some of my FAVORITES!!! They are typically served cold which makes them especially appealing in the summer time. Plus, you can’t really go wrong with a dessert that has Cream Cheese and Cool Whip. The pretzel and cream cheese layers in this Pretzel Salad recipe are the best in my opinion… But the jello layer can also be customized with your favorite fruity jello flavor, which is fun! The most common, and most favorite flavor (for our family at least) is strawberry. Some other flavors that might be fun to try:
- Orange (might taste like an orange dreamsicle!)
How to make Pretzel Jello Salad:
This recipe does require a little bit of planning and time (waiting for jello to refrigerate always seems like forever, right?!), but let me be the first to tell you that it’s SO worth it.
- Mix chopped pretzels, 1/4 cup sugar and butter together. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and milk together with a blender. Fold in Cool Whip and spread over the crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and place in a large bowl. Add gelatin mix and stir for 2 minutes until dissolved. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cold water. Refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours or until thickened.
- Stir strawberries in with your jello and spoon over your cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for another 3 hours. Keep refrigerated until serving. ENJOY!
I’m drooling just thinking about this sweet/salty/creamy/fruity dessert!! I’m thinking it might be about time to whip up some Pretzel Salad!
For more fruity desserts, check out:
Jello Pretzel Salad Recipe
- 2 cup pretzels crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar divided
- 2/3 cup margarine melted
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup cool whip
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 oz Strawberry JELL-O mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 4 cups strawberries sliced
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix chopped pretzels, ¼ cup sugar and butter together. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
Beat cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and milk together with a blender. Fold in Cool Whip and spread over the crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Place boiling water in a large bowl. Add gelatin mix and stir for 2 minutes until dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours or until thickened.
Stir strawberries in with your jello and spoon over your cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate for another 3 hours. Keep refrigerated until serving. ENJOY!
Pictures for this recipe were taken by contributor, Alicia, of The Baker Upstairs.