Save yourself some time, money and stress by using this FREE Meal Plan that is full of amazing recipes. Each plan includes 5 dinner ideas, 2 side dishes, 1 dessert and a shopping list making meal planning easier than ever!!
Weekly Meal Plan #12
Included is a grocery list with EVERY ingredient you need for all the items on the meal plan.
This is meant to help simplify menu planning, shopping, and cooking so you can more easily enjoy meals with your family throughout the week!
Tip of the Week
Scrambled Eggs are one of THE most versatile dishes! Not a huge fan of them plain? Add cheese, veggies, different herbs, meat, etc. Ot pair them alongside pancakes, waffles, bacon, or sausage. You can even add them to Breakfast Tacos or Breakfast Pizza!
Quick rule of thumb: When cooking scrambled eggs (especially for larger groups), we like to plan for about 2 eggs per person.
5 people = 10 eggs
10 people = 20 eggs
15 people = 30 eggs
Benefits of Meal Planning
There’s nothing worse than the dread every time a family members asks, “What’s for dinner??” And your answer is “I have no clue.” Having a meal plan for the week eliminates that completely, which is the number one benefit in my book!
Besides having a game plan in place, there are several other benefits of meal planning, including:
- Cost: When you have a plan set in place, and a specific list of groceries, you eliminate cost wasted on impulse items or produce that never gets used.
- Decrease Waste: No wasted money, and no wasted food! Having a set grocery list will help to avoid both of those issues.
- Variety: Our meal plans specifically include a lot of variety, with Mexican, Italian, Breakfast for Dinner, and so much more! You can expose your family’s palates to all kinds of meals.
- No Indecision: Did you know there’s such thing as “indecision fatigue”? The idea is that when you can’t make a decision on something (like what to make for dinner) it actually makes you mentally fatigued. When dinners are already planned out, though, you avoid indecision completely!
- Health: When you plan for/anticipate making well-rounded meals, you’re much more likely to actually make them rather than defaulting to convenient boxed meals, or unhealthy fast food!
As you can see, there are so many benefits to meal planning!
Shredded Beef Enchiladas made with just 6 ingredients! This easy dinner idea is a crowd pleaser and is filled with corn, beef, green chiles, cheese and covered in red sauce.
If we ever have leftover meat from a Sunday Pot Roast, I like to freeze them for when I make recipes like these enchiladas! It makes it nice and quick to put them together.
Easy Cheesy Baked Ravioli – a quick, simple and delicious dinner recipex that the whole family loves! It’s so cheesy and so tasty!
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad is a really easy and fresh salad with few ingredients that will make for a great side to this ravioli.
Easy and delicious scrambled eggs never go out of style! This recipe is fluffy, flavorful and absolutely perfect every time.
Tender chicken, orzo pasta, and chunky veggies in a flavorful broth with a Hint of lemon! All topped with a little parmesan cheese, this lemon chicken orzo soup can’t be beat.
The only thing that can complete this meal is a slice of warm Homemade Bread topped with a pat of butter.
This Slow Cooker Kalua Pork is a classic Hawaiian favorite, made easily in your slow cooker with just a few ingredients.
Sides of the week
Our Top Two choices
Healthy Apple Muffins are filled with oats, bran, and cinnamon. These muffins are not only simple, but are great for breakfast and after-school snacks.
Feel free to make a double batch and use half for breakfast with the scrambled eggs, and the other half as snacks throughout the week!
Everyone’s favorite Classic Baked Potato! With crispy, seasoned skin, a tender inside, and all the best toppings – baked potatoes are a reliable dinner choice, and great for feeding a crowd!
This is the perfect side to accompany kalua pork. You could even stuff the potatoes with the pork!
Dessert of the week
Quick and Easy Better than Anything Cake is a sweet cake filled with caramel and topped with cool whip and toffee bits!
For more chocolate cakes, check out:
Click the link below to download this week’s FREE Meal Plan!