I really think you’ll like this pie, especially if you’re a fan of Mexican casseroles and Taco Salads (that’s what I feel this recipe is a combination of). It’s delicious!
Quick and Easy Dinner
I’m obsessed with EASY dinner ideas! Since it’s something that needs to be made every day we are always looking for quick and simple recipes.
The recipe I’m sharing today happens to be another one of those. It’s for a Taco Pie that is made in under an hour. It has all the delicious flavors of taco salad in pie form and it’s a hit with the family.
With hamburger, green chiles, bisquick, cheese and toppings it’s so flavorful! It reminds us of taco salad in pie form, which means even picky kids like it!
How to Make Taco Pie + Topping ideas
This recipe is very similar to a quiche. It can also be modified to include any ingredients you love or don’t care for (try shredded chicken – it’s delish).
BEEF. For this version, you begin by cooking up a pound of ground beef until it is browned. Add the taco seasoning and mix until covered.
CHILES. Spoon this mixture into a greased pie pan and top with chiles.
BISQUICK & BAKE. Make Bisquick mix by stirring together milk, eggs and Bisquick and pouring over the meat and chiles. Bake for about 30 minutes.
TOPPINGS. Top with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes, before letting it set and adding toppings. Some of our favorite things to add on top include:
- sour Cream
- tomatoes & shredded lettuce
- more cheese
- chopped cilantro
Variations + Storing
Can you make this in a pie shell like a traditional quiche? Yes, simply pour the beef into a plain pie shell and continue the recipe as follows.
What is a good option in place of Mexican cheese? We like to switch up which cheese we use with recipes. If Mexican-blend is not your favorite you can use cheddar cheese, colby jack, or even mozzarella.
Can you make this recipe gluten-free? Yes! There is a gluten free Bisquick mix that you can use for the biscuit layer.
How to store leftovers? Keep in the fridge in an airtight tupperware container for about a week. Also you can use taco night leftovers for this recipe.
Easy and delicious! What more could you ask for?! We hope you love this recipe that is similar to our Taco Casserole.
For more simple dinners, check out:
- Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos
- Mexican Lasagna
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Tacos
- Taco Pizza
Taco Pie Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 4.5 oz. can green chiles
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Bisquick mix
- 3/4 cup Mexican cheese shredded
- lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook ground beef in skillet until brown and no longer pink.
- Stir in taco seasoning and spoon into a greased pie plate. Spoon on green chiles.
- Mix milk, eggs and Bisquick in a medium bowl until blended and pour over meat mixture. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle on cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving. Top with salsa, sour cream, lettuce and/or tomatoes.