Believe it or not, but I’m freezing here in Arizona! I know, I must be a wimp because our weather is considered warm to other places through out the U.S. and world.
Because it’s so cold you can often find me in a hoodie, sweat pants and slippers around the house. I have a feeling things will start warming up in no time so I’m trying to enjoy as many “winter recipes” as possible. This next recipe was perfect and warmed me right up.
I know everyone has a version of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, but the recipe we used for this was from HERE. We only made a few minor changes, but the recipe was so good it didn’t really need any at all. It’s super yummy and will definitely be saved as our go-to Chicken Noodle Soup recipe.
So good!! This will definitely warm you up on a cold winter night.
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes crushed
- ½ cup celery diced
- ⅔ bag homemade-style egg pasta
- pepper to taste
- In a large pot combine 6 cups water, chicken breasts and salt. Boil until the chicken is cooked completely.
- Remove your chicken from the water and let cool. Cover with Saran Wrap and place in fridge.
- Strain the broth from the cooked chicken so that broth is clear. Return broth to your pot.
- Add carrots, celery and crushed chicken bouillon cubes to your broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add your noodles once soup is boiling. Simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Dice your chicken into cubes while your soup is simmering. Add chicken to the soup and simmer for 5-10 more minutes. Add pepper to taste.
Have a great weekend… and ENJOY!Powered by Sidelines