A few weeks ago I decided to fly home with the baby for a quick visit. I arranged it all with my sisters and we surprised my mom. It was such a fun (and quick) trip, and looking back I realize now that all we did was eat the entire weekend – LOL!
We either went out to eat or were in the kitchen. My mom was wanting to make all my favorites while I was in town. I kept telling her to just relax and chat with me, but every time I turned away she’d run to the kitchen and make something that she knew I liked. One of the things she made was Fruit Pizza. We’ve been using the same recipe for countless years, and it’s become a staple at many family functions. My aunt Chris is the one who usually makes it but I was secretly SO excited my mom made me some because it is SO good. Just imagine having a delicious and soft sugar cookie with frosting and fresh fruit all over it, because that’s pretty much what it is.
And did I mention the frosting has cream cheese?
Yeah, eating a piece is a slice of heaven (no joke!)
We always add strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, and bananas but the possibilities of fruit toppings are endless!
Here is how you can make this Fruit Pizza Recipe too:
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⅜ cup flour
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- FROSTING INGREDIENTS below
- Cream together butter, sugar and egg.
- Mix flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Dip hands in flour and spread dough onto a sprayed pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. cool.
- Cream together 1 cube cream cheese (8 oz.), ½ cup sugar, and 2 TB of Pineapple Juice from Pineapple Chunk Can to make the frosting. Spread over cookie crust.
- Right before serving, add desired fruit. We used bananas, pineapple, kiwis, strawberries. (Dip bananas in pineapple juice to keep from getting dark.) Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Heaven, I tell ya!
I’m not exaggerating when I say this but when my mom made it for me while I was visiting it was literally gone in minutes. I had a very delicious piece that night but was a little sad I couldn’t save a piece to have the next day. I couldn’t blame my family for eating it all gone though. It’s just that good.
I’m hoping to master this recipe while I’m out here in Texas and can’t wait to have it again.
For more Fruity Goodness be sure to check out:
These are all so good and perfect to try in the summer time.
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
This Post is Brought to you by: